Are you looking for a dessert that is different from the usual ones, but still able to give you a touch of gluttony? Well, here is the recipe for you. The yoghurt cake guarantees you a soft, good and super-tasty result that will turn every break into a paradise.
In fact, it melts in your mouth so deliciously that after the first slice you will want to have a second. In other words, once you have tasted it, you will never forget it! Believe me, the rest of the family will be equally complimentary. You will also make those who are on a diet and always have to give up something very happy, because in this case you will be serving a very light and flourless cake.
What about the preparation? Every single step is easy, and it doesn’t even take too long.
Yogurt cake recipe, never so creamy and good!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Calories: 110 per slice
300 g Greek yogurt
50 g cornstarch
35g stevia sweetener (or alternatively 70g regular sugar)
5 ml lemon juice
1 grated lemon zest
1 packet vanilla sugar
Just enough powdered sugar (optional)
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, add the stevia sweetener (or sugar) and the vanilla sugar to the egg whites, then beat with an electric mixer.
- Once you have a clear, smooth, creamy mixture, add the grated lemon zest and the yogurt and start again to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the cornstarch, whisk briefly, mix with a spatula and set aside for a moment.
- Now beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff, as soon as they start to get foamy, pour in the lemon juice, when they are firm, add a little at a time to the yolk mixture, stirring with a hand whisk.
- Once this is done, cover a 20 cm round baking tin with special paper, pour the mixture over it and level it out.
- Finally, put it in a preheated oven to cook for 30-40 minutes at a temperature of 180°C. At the end, take the cake out of the form and sprinkle it with icing sugar.
- Good Appetite!