Simple to perform and very effective, the worm exercise allows you to tone three muscles: the abdominal ones, the leg ones and the arm ones.
The worm exercise is well known among crossfit practitioners. It is not difficult to do, and allows us to strain and train our muscles as well as burn calories. It is called this way because it imitates the movements of a worm. The great thing about this exercise is that it allows us to train, tone and strengthen muscles without needing any equipment. Below we explain how to carry out the exercise.
- From a standing position, with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your torso forward until you rest your hands on the floor.
- Step forward with your hands, as if you are walking with them, while using them to support your body. You need to keep your torso still and contract your muscles.
- If you can, try moving with your palms or forearms until you reach the classic plank position.
- Maintain this position as much as possible, but without exaggerating the first few times.
- Slowly return to the starting position, using your hands to “walk” backwards.
- Depending on your physical condition, you can start with 2 or 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions each, and then increase.
In addition to toning muscles, the worm exercise helps strengthen the shoulders, correct posture, increase balance and stabilize the spine.