Of course, if you decide to follow a controlled diet, you must also be aware that abstaining is not always sustainable. In order to achieve results, you must avoid consuming a high number of calories. Thanks to the vegetable pie, you will be able to find the perfect balance between taste and lightness, and serve a dish that will make the whole family’s mouth water.
Surely you will not have any problems with this dish, because it is so delicious that no one will be able to resist it. In fact, many will ask for an encore. If you have guests for dinner and want to surprise them, this is the recipe for you. Even the preparation is very simple and, above all, very fast, so that anyone can get into the kitchen and make a wonderful second course that will conquer both adults and children.
Everyone will love this vegetable pie recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 15 slices
Calories: 130 per slice
1 kg of zucchini
10 ml of olive oil
2 long green peppers
2 red peppers
What you need for the sauce
300 ml milk
135g all purpose flour
10 ml olive oil
3 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons of dill
1 sachet baking powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
What you need for the filling
100g grated cheese of your choice
- First wash and dry the zucchini, cut them in half and slice them into not too thick slices, peel the carrot and do the same, then cut both the peppers and the onion into normal size pieces.
- Pour a little oil in a non-stick pan, add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the peppers and onion and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of salt, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
To make the sauce
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the milk, oil, baking powder, pepper, dill, salt and flour.
- Mix well with a hand whisk until you get a mixture with a smooth consistency and no lumps.
How to assemble the flan
- Oil the bottom of a square glass baking dish, spread the vegetables, spread them over the surface, pour the sauce and garnish with the cheese.
- Finally, cook in the preheated oven for 35 minutes at a temperature of 180°C .