Packed with bright colors, fresh flavors, and tangy taste, this superfood-enriched chicken kale salad is a powerhouse of nutrients.
For those who didn’t know how to eat kale in a salad before, this is a great master recipe that you can mix and match with different ingredients. It is also one of the meals that can be eaten as part of the Sirtfood diet.
Turmeric Chicken & Kale Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
To make chicken:
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (organic virgin)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 300 grams of minced chicken or chicken cutlets
- 1 finely diced clove of garlic
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric (alternatively the same amount of turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
To make salad:
- 6 broccoli stems
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 large and de-stemmed kale leaves, alternatively savoy cabbage leaves
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 handful of grated coriander
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
To make dressing:
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, not diced
- 3 tablespoons organic virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Who would like some chili
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Fry the chopped red onions until golden brown
- Then add the chicken and garlic and stir in for 3 minutes.
- Next, add turmeric, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently.
- Then set the meat aside.
- Bring water to a boil, add broccoli florets and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and cut into small pieces.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in the pan already used for the chicken. Alternatively, the pumpkin seeds can be added raw to the salad.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Season the pumpkin seeds with a little salt.
- Spread the chopped kale in a salad bowl.
- Use your hands to loosen it up.
- Top with the chicken, broccoli pieces, pumpkin seeds, herbs and avocado strips.
- Enjoy your meal
If you need to prepare the salad for later consumption, add the dressing to the salad about 10 minutes before eating.
Vegetarians could substitute shrimp or fish for the chicken.
Vegans can use chopped mushrooms or even cooked quinoa instead of chicken.
Once again, it just goes to show that high-quality sirtfoods can be easily incorporated into almost any meal. So feel free to use other high-quality ingredients.
Since we are fans of fresh, local, organic quality produce, it is in the nature of things that not every ingredient is available every season. In this case, you can substitute anything with currently available sirtfood. Alternatively, frozen goods can be used.
Please never use canned foods, or only in the greatest of emergencies. Such foods are mostly deprived of their nutrients and are not a full-fledged alternative to a fresh and varied diet.