Everyone who goes to the gym, dreams that in a few months his stomach will become abs of steel. However, time passes, the fat on the abdomen disappears thanks to exercise and diet, but the desired still do not work to achieve.
So, we will help you with the “fold” exercise, better than any other to exercise the abdominal muscles. Of course, it is difficult to call it very simple, but the result is worth it.
Follow the “fold” exercise, which is part of the training program of military and professional athletes around the world.
When you do the “fold”, you use all the abdominal muscles, but the rectus muscle is used the most, forming those very notorious cubes.
The obliques are used a little less, but this is enough to achieve the desired result. In addition, the “fold” simultaneously engages the quadriceps femoris muscle
- Lie on the floor, press your buttocks against the floor, place your heels on the floor and bend your knees slightly. Extend your arms behind your head.
- Tense your abdominal muscles.
- As you inhale, lift your legs as you lift your torso. Do not keep your back straight – this not only reduces the effectiveness of the exercise, but also damages your spine, so curve it as you rise.
- Keep your legs bent at the knees – this will take unnecessary stress off your lumbar spine.
- Extend your fingertips to your feet, contracting your abdominal muscles.
- Hold for a second. Try to keep only the buttocks as a support for the whole body.
- Exhale and return to starting position.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
Ideally, the “fold” should be performed in 3-4 sets of 15 repetitions. However, you can start with a single set and gradually increase the number of sets.
If you find it difficult to perform the “fold” because of poor physical fitness, try performing the exercise alternately with each leg and arm, connecting the right leg to the left arm and conversely.