To whet your appetite in a truly superlative way, we recommend the stuffed peppers baked in tomato sauce, a true delicacy. In fact, to make your mouth water, just smell the aroma they release throughout the house while cooking.
You will make the whole family very happy because it is a super amazing dish, so good and so tasty that it will make you rediscover the joy of eating in company. You can also use this recipe as a winning weapon to impress friends and family.
You will also inspire those who are on a diet by giving them the opportunity to enjoy a light meal. Cooking will be even more fun because the process doesn’t take too long, the vegetables are easy to clean, and the stuffing itself is ready in a flash.
The baked stuffed peppers in tomato sauce recipe, delicious!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Calories: 320 per pepper
7-8 large peppers
800 g of lean minced meat
600 ml of tomato sauce with basil
150 g of light grated mozzarella
100 g of rice
50 g of grated Parmesan
6 cloves of garlic
2 chopped onions
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 bay leaves
Just enough chopped parsley
Just enough thyme
Just enough salt and pepper
- First, cut off the top of the peppers, remove the seeds, place them in a rectangular glass dish and leave them aside for a moment, while boiling the rice in a saucepan.
- Pour a drop of oil into a non-stick frying pan, add the chopped onion and garlic cloves, brown, season with salt, pepper and thyme, mix, add 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce, mix, sprinkle with chopped parsley and transfer to a bowl.
- Now add a little more oil to the pan and fry the ground beef, season with salt, pepper and thyme, then add it to the bowl with the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Then add the drained rice, the shredded mozzarella and the shredded parmesan.
- Oil the inside and outside of the peppers, stuff them with the meat and rice mixture, place them in an oiled pan (that can be put in the oven), cover each pepper with a spoonful of tomato sauce, a little grated mozzarella, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
- Finally, dilute the rest of the tomato puree with 170 ml of water, pour it into the pot, garnish with 2 bay leaves, cover with a lid and cook in a preheated oven at 180° C for 50 minutes.
- When done, remove the lid and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then serve them.
To prepare stuffed peppers baked in tomato sauce, you can watch the video recipe.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.