Stretching does not require special physical training, so it is perfect for both beginners and professional athletes. And what a better way than to start your day off with morning stretches that’ll have a lasting effect for longer than just the day.
These morning stretches will help eliminate aches and pains you might experience upon waking up. Pain and stiffness are common in the morning, because there is an increase of fluid in the joints and spinal discs while the body lies horizontally overnight.
Stretching in the morning will help move this fluid, as well as increase blood flow all throughout the body. As a result, you’ll have lasting energy that will power you through your day.
Stretching is helpful for many reasons. Here are a few of them:
– Regular flexibility training increases blood flow , which contributes to accelerated muscle recovery;
– Regular stretching significantly improves the elasticity of muscles, tendons and ligaments ;
– Flexibility exercises increase muscle strength and endurance ;
– Stretching significantly affects the condition of the muscles ;
– Stretching, when used correctly, helps balance the body;
– Regular exercise speeds up your metabolism, which is beneficial both for your overall health and tone as well as for weight loss.
If this is what you have been looking for, start your workout by repeating the suggested exercises. This is not only a way to strengthen your body, but also to relax after a long work week.
6 MIN EVERYDAY STRETCH
If this is your first class, do not make any sudden movements. All exercises should be done smoothly and slowly. It is also important not to overload your body. To achieve the best effect, use as many muscles as possible, and if you feel that you are overdoing it, let yourself rest.
Like any stretching, be gentle with your body and take your time. Don’t forget to breathe and be present in your body. Enjoy it!
Keep reading: 50 stretching exercises that effectively stretch the muscles of the whole body