For a snack between meals, perhaps in the evening while watching rumble, you may find salty cracker satisfying to satisfy your hunger. In fact, they are so good that you almost want to eat them one after the other, and they are certainly much more delicious than the industrial ones.
Once you try them, you will surely fall in love with them and you will never want to stop eating them, so you will bookmark this recipe and keep it with great care, adding it to your list of favorites. In addition, the little ones in the house will love them too, because they will have a snack at their disposal.
Salty cracker with green onion are, thanks to their savory crunch, without a doubt the best salty snack that you can find for a snack. In fact, they are so tasty and appetizing that you almost want to eat them one after the other. Even children will appreciate them and will prefer them to the packaged ones because they are much tastier and obviously healthier, more genuine and wholesome since they are homemade.
Moreover, you can offer them as an alternative to the classic chips for an aperitif at home, and you will see that they will be eaten and more than one guest will pay you a thousand compliments. And since they don’t contain any high-calorie ingredients, they won’t interfere with your diet, allowing you to indulge in a much tastier treat. And how to prepare them? We have good news for you: it takes very little time and basic manual skills, since it is enough to knead (without dirtying a thousand things), cut and bake.
Recipe for savory salty cracker with green onion, crunchy and delicious: better than the supermarket ones!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Resting Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Calories: 40 per piece
35 g spring onions
30g melted unsalted butter
10g sesame seeds (optional)
2 g salt
1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Pour the milk into a bowl, add the unsalted melted butter and salt and mix well with a hand whisk.
- Then add the cake flour, the baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda and mix roughly with a spatula to obtain a smooth, compact and soft mass.
- Now remove the white part from the bunch of spring onions, cut them into small pieces, add them to the stick, add the sesame seeds and knead with your hands to incorporate them well.
- Once this is done, cover the dough with transparent cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes, then place it on the table on a sheet of baking paper.
- Cover the dough with another sheet of baking paper, press it down with your hands, roll it out with a rolling pin, giving it a rectangular shape, remove the sides with a serrated spatula, then cut it into squares and prick the surface with a fork.
- Finally, place the crackers in a drip pan lined with greaseproof paper and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15 minutes. When ready, let them cool a bit and enjoy!