Ricotta and coconut pancakes (or sweet pancakes) are not the classic and banal dessert you’re used to, because they’re even better than you might think. In fact, they are soft and fluffy like a cloud. They can be a wonderful accompaniment to your sweet breakfasts or snacks to make your break more tasty and interesting.
These pancakes are low in carbohydrates and provide a moderate caloric intake (90 kcal per pancake). This means that even if you are on a diet, you can still enjoy a small pancake. It is recommended that they be served with a teaspoon of light jam of your preferred flavor.
It’s not difficult to prepare, all you need is a bowl and a whisk, and then you can cook it in a pan in 5 minutes. Let’s see how to make them together and get to work!
I make pancakes with ricotta and coconut: they are delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 pancakes
Calories: 90 per pancake
160 g light ricotta
20 g grated coconut
20 g flour
7-8 drops of liquid sweetener (or 2 tablespoons of regular sugar)
A few drops of lemon essence
Some butter for the pan
⅓ teaspoon baking soda
- Put the ricotta in a bowl, soften it with a spoon, add the egg and continue to mix with a hand whisk.
- Add the grated coconut and stir, then the flour, stir and add the lemon essence, the sweetener and the baking soda.
- Continue to whisk the ingredients to a soft consistency.
- Once this is done, use a spoon to take handfuls of the mixture at a time and place them in a buttered or oiled frying pan, spaced apart to form small pancakes.
- Fry the pancakes on both sides for a few minutes until golden brown, then place them on a dessert plate, sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve with a teaspoon of your favorite light marmalade.
To prepare ricotta and coconut pancakes, you can watch the video recipe.
If the mixture is still too wet, add a little more flour or vice versa. The amount of flour depends on the moisture of the ricotta used.
Keep reading: I prepare this very creamy cake with only 3 tablespoons of flour and I don’t put butter | Only 130 calories!