The nature presents different fruits in various sizes, colors and flavors, red fruits are an example of this. Although it may seem coincidental, we can classify their benefits through their color, which confers characteristics and qualities that contribute to the functioning of our organism.
Which are the red fruits?
Red fruits, also known as berries, are a very broad group of fruits that are characterized by having, in addition to a red hue and acidic flavor, properties and nutrients that provide many health benefits, such as antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phyto-nutrients.
They belong to the pink fruit group and come in different varieties such as blackberries and strawberries, but also include apple and plum.
Find out which red fruits you can include in your diet or snacks to promote a healthy life.
These delightful fruits for the eyes and taste buds are among the most popular. Strawberries are one of the red fruits richest in minerals, especially iron and magnesium, as well as raspberries and currants.
They contain potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, copper and silicon, nutrients that make them a great food.
Benefits and properties
- They are good for weight loss, thanks to the fact that they have very low calories, just 30 or 35 per 100 grams.
- They are as hydrating as other fruits, therefore, apart from drinking plenty of water you can also consume a few strawberries on hot days. These red delicacies have a high water content.
- They help to keep the skin in good condition, its consumption is ideal for exfoliating, whitening and softening the skin, it can also be used as a mask.
- It is ideal to prevent colds, as they also have a high vitamin C content.
- They are ideal for combating constipation because it is a rich source of fiber. Like blackberries and raspberries, it is recommended to consume them with cereals.
- If you want to get a good source of vitamins eat strawberries and you will acquire vitamins C, B and E in large quantities and vitamins A, D, E and K and folate to a lesser extent.
- They work as a natural anti-inflammatory. Thanks to their high content of vitamin C, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients that help reduce inflammation.
- Strawberries also help us to keep our brains younger, thanks to the fact that they are rich in flavonoids, a component that reduces cognitive deterioration in older people.
- If you lack reasons to eat strawberries, we tell you that these delicious fruits are able to put you in a good mood, thanks to some of their vitamins, such as vitamin B1.
- Finally, they are delicious, popular and exquisite and are excellent for the preparation of various desserts such as ice cream, yogurt, cake and cookies.
These delicious berries are the queens of many recipes such as juices, ice creams, desserts and others, but this fruit is not only delicious, but has many benefits for our body.
Health benefits of currants are:
- They help improve intestinal transit thanks to their high fiber content and prevent constipation.
- It slows down premature aging and reduces the negative effects of free radicals.
- In addition to being a powerful antioxidant, it maintains the health of bones and muscles.
- Currants help fight anemia due to their iron and other minerals such as potassium and calcium.
- Currants also strengthen the immune system and increase resistance to infections.
- Enjoy the delicious red currants as one of the red fruits and their multiple benefits. Don’t wait any longer to make them part of your snacks!
Along with strawberries, cherries, blackberries and blueberries, raspberries are known as red berries and are a powerful antioxidant.
They are rich in molecules that fight or prevent aging or the oxidation of other molecules, as well as blocking the harmful effect of free radicals.
These fruits are rich in vitamin C, an essential nutrient for the repair and growth of all body tissues, as well as for the absorption of iron and the formation of collagen, bones and teeth.
Certain properties of raspberries bring some benefits to our body:
- It has folic acid, magnesium, iron and phosphorus; and it also stands out for its high fiber content which is ideal for constipation.
- Thanks to folic acid is an ideal fruit for pregnant women.
- Magnesium, iron and phosphorus are the predominant minerals in raspberries, so it is a recommended food for people with high blood pressure or conditions of the blood vessels and heart.
These rich red fruits provide us with excellent nutritional properties and many benefits for our health. They can be used to prepare many types of desserts and even liqueurs.
The cherry is an exquisite fruit, used for a long time as an intestinal purifier, to rid the body of toxins. They are red fruits rich in iron, calcium, folic acid (B9) and fiber.
Some of this delicious fruit’s benefits are:
- They are antioxidants, which helps reduce heart disease and serve to counteract processes that can lead to cancer
- Cherries are included in the category of superfruits because they are loaded with antioxidants called anthocyanins.
- It is rich for its high vitamin A content, which favors the formation of teeth, their preservation and acts on eye health, both in sight and in the general health of the eye.
- Cherries also help maintain good brain health and prevent memory loss.
- They are delicious fruits that you can enjoy at any time in various preparations, take advantage of their benefits.
Plums are red fruits that can be eaten in their natural form or in desserts. They are mainly known for preventing constipation and improving intestinal transit.
These small and delicious berries, besides containing a lot of fiber, have many nutritional properties that care for and protect the health of our organism.
Plums contain vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B3, E and K; and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, calcium, copper, boron and zinc.
Some of their benefits are:
- It is suitable to combat anemia, thanks to its iron content and vitamin C that promote the absorption of this mineral.
- This fruit boosts our immune system thanks to its antioxidant content.
- Thanks to the fact that it is a fruit rich in fiber and water, it improves intestinal disorders and works as a diuretic.
- They protect us against cardiovascular diseases.
- Plums promote good vision and eye care.
- They are also ideal to prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Beyond the benefits to our organism, plums are also recommended for the good health of hair and skin.
Blackberries are rich and small fruits of red or green color before ripening, then they are black. They are characterized by being soft, juicy and delicious flavor,
Blackberries provide the following vitamins: vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, B3, B6, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin E and K.
Among the minerals they provide are calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Blackberries are also a good source of amino acids and essential dietary fiber.
Eating these delicious fruits brings many benefits to your body, check out some of them:
- Blackberry has antioxidant properties thanks to some of its components components such as phenolic acids, flavonoids and flavonols, especially anthocyanins, which act against harmful molecules and counteract their action.
- It helps to improve memory, thanks to components such as polyphenolics that delay the cognitive changes generated by age, due to its antioxidant power.
- Blackberries are a source of fiber essential for the optimal functioning of the digestive system, helps reduce constipation and digestive health.
- Blackberries help maintain a healthy heart, thanks to the richness of flavonols such as anthocyanins.
- These red fruits also improve the immune system, thanks to the presence of phytoestrogens, vitamins and minerals.
- Thanks to minerals such as magnesium and calcium, blackberries help your bone health as calcium strengthens bones and magnesium facilitates the absorption of calcium and potassium.
- The vitamin E in blackberries is ideal for skin care.
- In addition, the vitamin C in blackberries is also responsible for the formation and strengthening of the collagen structure, which will help keep your skin toned and taut.
- The anthocyanins and vitamins in blackberries improve vision and protect the eyes from various diseases, some of which are macular degeneration, cataracts and night blindness.
Apple is one of the most famous red fruits in the world. This fruit is present throughout the history of mankind for being known as “the fruit of sin”.
This delicious fruit is one of the most complete in terms of the benefits it brings to our body, but also one of the most delicious in taste and preferred by many.
This fruit has a high proportion of vitamins and minerals, as well as fiber and carbohydrates. Red apples have malic and tartaric acid, very little sodium and no cholesterol.
Here are some benefits of eating red apples:
- It helps regulate the bowel and also prevents constipation.
- It helps regulate intestinal transit thanks to its fiber, which is also good for eliminating toxins.
- Red apples help to protect the gums and improve the health of the teeth.
- It has a diuretic effect that makes it an ideal fruit for diets.
It is a refreshing and delicious fruit cultivated for many years. It has great antioxidant powers, thanks to its content of anthocyanins, polyphenols and tannins.
The pomegranate is covered by a hard skin, but inside, it hides seeds covered with a red and fleshy pulp that are very beneficial for our body.
This delicious bitter-sweet fruit has great benefits:
- Due to its rich composition in antioxidants, pomegranate is recognized as a natural source to combat cellular aging.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of pomegranate protect and promote our cardiovascular health.
- Good for skin care, pomegranates help oxygenate cells and promote regeneration of the dermis.
- It is an ideal fruit for diabetics thanks to its low blood glucose level.
Red fruits share many characteristics and properties that make them a great food. For this reason, it is important that you know how healthy they are. If you see an intense red fruit, keep in mind that it has a high intensity of antioxidants, such as anthocyanins.