Did you know that you can use potato to enlarge your oversized shoe?
Potato is an essential food in any self-respecting kitchen, of course. But know that they are good for much more than just filling your stomach.
A potato in your shoe is not something that people normally think might work. Still, it’s a trick that everyone should try, and all you need is this ordinary tuber.
This bizarre trick has made life easier for millions of people around the world. Are you going to be next?
Some shoe lovers in California made this discovery. When they were in the stores, they were happy with their new shoes, but as soon as they got home and put them on, they didn’t feel the same.
When you buy a pair of shoes, your body starts producing oxytocin, the love hormone. This effect is amplified when sales people try to convince you.
But when you go home and put on your new shoes, the hormones leave and the eating experience is never the same. How is this possible?
Put a potato in your shoe? – Here’s why you should give it a try
The potato has an organic cycle. During the day, this food source is completely dry. But at night, it produces a thin layer of moisture on the outside of its skin.
Normally, it does this so that new roots can grow. But in the case of new shoes, it stretches the shoes and creates a feeling of a comfortable shoe.
The potato closes the shoe perfectly around it, and through condensation, the thin layer of moisture touches every nook and cranny of your beloved shoe.
It is, therefore, an ideal remedy to discover how to enlarge shoes and take advantage of the tubers that have gone bad instead of throwing them away.
Put a potato inside the shoes
Put this homemade household trick into practice when you find yourself with somewhat narrow shoes and you want to enlarge them using natural, inexpensive products available in any pantry or supermarket – your feet will thank you!
You will need:
- A few potatoes
- A clean cloth
Steps to follow
- Peeling a few potatoes.
- Insert each tuber inside the shoes you want to widen by pushing it so that it goes well into the shoe and enlarges it.
- Fill both shoes with peeled potatoes and let them sit inside overnight.
- The next morning, remove the tubers. Your shoes will have widened and you will be able to wear them comfortably.
- If there is any potato residue inside the shoes, you can remove it by wiping the inside of the shoes with a clean, dry cloth.
In addition, the potato is a fantastic product to neutralize bad smells, since it absorbs unpleasant aromas.
We hope this tip helps you, because it really works! You’re probably one of the few people who know this trick.
- How to clean sneakers and other shoes
- Why you should leave a coin in freezer before leaving home
- Put a rose in a potato and see what happens a week later! Unbelievable!