Breakfast or a snack does not necessarily have to be sweet to make your day. The same result can be achieved with savory preparations. In fact, the soft piadina (which can also be eaten for lunch or dinner) will make your stomach growl. Convince yourself to try it even if you are not too hungry and believe me, you will appreciate it. Because it is so good that it is even too irresistible and therefore there is no doubt that the whole family will like it.
It is certainly the right dish to enjoy a tasty, healthy and genuine snack at any time, with the certainty that it will always please your palate. What’s more, each serving is so low in calories that dieting is no longer a problem. You will be able to indulge in a small, harmless, but tasty indulgence without feeling guilty.
Another point in favor of this piadina, which, as we have seen, is perfect from every point of view, is undoubtedly the simple and quick procedure that allows you to spend not too much time in the kitchen.
Recipe for a soft and light piadina, to fill as desired
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Servings: 5 wraps
Calories: 250 per wrap
300 g of flour
180ml of water
15 g of olive oil
10 g of white sugar
5 g of salt
3 g of active dry yeast
- First, pour the water into a bowl, add the yeast and sugar, mix well with a kitchen spatula and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Now add the flour and salt and start mixing again so that the ingredients mix well.
- When you have the consistency of a loaf of bread, add the oil, knead with your hands for 2 minutes, cover and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size.
- Now deflate the dough to eliminate the air bubbles, then put it on the work surface, roll it out, giving it a round shape, divide it into 5 equal parts, make balls and after covering them, let them rest for 15 minutes.
- After this time, lightly flour the pastry board, place the balls on it, flatten them with your hands and then roll them out with a rolling pin until they have a diameter of 18 centimeters.
- Finally, heat a non-stick frying pan, put your tortillas in it one by one, cook them for about 45 seconds on both sides, turning them, they will inflate like a balloon, then let them go, turning them until they have deflated, remaining fluffy.