Pan fried eggplant, peppers and tomatoes is a rich and healthy dish that can be served as a second course or as a side dish. This way you will surely make both lunch and dinner a special moment. In fact, even children will eat them. In short, as you will have understood, it will be a success on all fronts.
For once, even if you are on a diet, you will not have to deprive yourself of delicious and tasty dishes, because this is an extremely light dish, low in fat and calories, which will also help you maintain your physical shape. The procedure is not complicated, it has very few steps that you will be able to follow even if you are a beginner in the kitchen, then it is very fast and will take you only a few minutes of your time. So if you’re in a hurry, it’s not a big deal and you’ll be done in no time.
The recipe for pan fried eggplant, peppers and tomatoes: they’re delicious even cooked like this!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Eggplant Resting Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 170 per serving
4 sliced tomatoes
3-4 small sweet green peppers cut into pieces
3 whole garlic cloves
Just enough extra virgin olive oil
Just enough pepper
Just enough salt
- Clean the aubergines, cut them in half, cut them (lengthwise) into slices about 1 cm thick, arrange them on a chopping board, salt them on both sides and leave them to rest for 10 minutes.
- After this time, dry the eggplant slices by blotting them with absorbent paper (on both sides), then place them in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of hot extra virgin olive oil, brown them well on each side and take them out.
- Pour a little more oil into the pan, add the whole garlic cloves and the green chiles cut into small pieces, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the sliced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook for 10 minutes, add the eggplant, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the heat and serve.
If you like, you can add a whole green pepper in the last step.