Do you have guests for dinner, but you still have no idea what to serve for dessert?
Well, in this case, you should definitely try the Orange Coffee Cake and impress your guests. It’s absolutely delicious and mouth-watering.
Moreover, if you wish, you can even choose this cake for a birthday party, which may be even more successful than the classic cake with cream from the bakery.
Surely it will be appreciated not only by children, but also by adults who will not be able to resist so much goodness and without being able to hold back will ask you to make an encore.
Luckily, since it is a very light cake, you won’t have to worry about losing weight. In fact, for those who follow a diet, it satisfies their needs very well.
Moreover, it is so easy to prepare that you only need to make a little effort, since the process is not difficult and it takes very little time.
Orange coffee cake recipe, a perfect combination
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Calories: 190 per slice
200 ml milk
100 ml vegetable oil
100g plain yoghurt
80g Stevia sweetener (or alternatively 160g regular or cane sugar)
15 g Nescafé Gold
10 g baking powder
1 grated orange zest
You need for garnish
300 ml warm milk
10 g grated coconut (optional)
- Peel and chop the oranges, remove the seeds and white parts if necessary, place in a bowl and blend with a hand blender.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl, add the stevia sweetener (or sugar) and beat well with an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Once your mixture is clear and frothy, add the oil, yogurt, milk, grated orange zest, and juice from the citrus fruits you previously mixed.
- Mix well with a hand whisk, sifting continuously, and add the flour and baking powder little by little.
- Once this is done, butter a rectangular pan with half a teaspoon of butter and flour a rectangular pan with half a teaspoon of flour, then pour in ¾ of the mixture and spread it out evenly.
- In the meantime, add the Nescafé and mix until the coffee melts, then pour it by the spoonful on the surface of your dough and incorporate it with a flat spatula.
- Finally, bake in a very hot oven at 170°C for 40 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, moisten it with cold milk (one spoonful at a time) and sprinkle with the coconut.
For Orange Coffee Cake procedure, you can watch this video recipe! To reduce the calories, we have replaced the 100 g of oil in the original recipe with 100 g of yogurt. The result will be the same!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.