Orange Cake is a delicious dessert that can be eaten at any time of the day. For those on a diet, it is recommended to eat it in the morning or as a snack with a cup of milk or coffee. There is no butter in the dough for this cake, but a small amount of seed oil. In addition, the sugar is replaced with powdered sweetener.
To make this cake, the whole orange is mixed with the peel in order to absorb many nutrients and vitamins that are beneficial to health. The preparation is very quick and easy, so that even those who are not very good in the kitchen can enjoy it. For those who want to prepare a guilt-free cake, butter-free orange cake is the right solution. Let’s see together how to make it in a few simple steps!
Orange cake, I make it like this: I don’t put butter in the batter. It’s delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Calories: 180 per slice
200 grams cake flour
1 organic orange, unpeeled and sliced (about 100 grams)
130 ml milk
60 ml seed oil
70 g powdered sweetener (or alternatively 140 g plain sugar)
1 sachet baking powder
A pinch of salt
Just enough powdered sugar
- Wash an orange thoroughly, cut it into slices and put it in a large bowl with all the peel. Add the milk and the oil and mix everything with an immersion blender (to avoid splashes, you can mix in the tall measuring jug of the blender and then pour the mixture into a bowl).
- When you have obtained a homogeneous and creamy mixture, add the egg, the powdered sweetener (or sugar), a pinch of salt and mix with an electric mixer until you obtain a clear and frothy consistency.
- Once this is done, add the flour and baking powder little by little, always beating with the electric mixer.
- When the ingredients are well incorporated, grease a 16 or 18 cm round pan, pour in the dough and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes (always check with a toothpick).
- Finish by sprinkling a little icing sugar, slice and serve.