Are you tired of the same main dishes you eat every day? If you want to try something different, don’t miss mashed potato pizza! It’s perfect for lunch, dinner, a snack or to make an aperitif at home truly magical.
Certainly, serving it on any occasion will be a great success, because both adults and children will not be asked to eat it. You probably haven’t tasted anything more delicious and to fall in love with it, it will be enough to give it a single bite. And since it’s made with healthy, genuine and light ingredients, you won’t even have to worry about your diet, so if for once you can make an exception to the rule, don’t be afraid.
You don’t have to knead and get your hands dirty to make it, and this recipe doesn’t even require leavening because it doesn’t use yeast. You will not find a simpler or quicker recipe than this one. Do not miss it!
Mashed potatoes, I eat them when I feel like pizza!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: 9 slices
200 g of flour
3 tomatoes cut into slices
1 peeled and grated carrot
1 leek cut into rings (or onion)
1 glass of kefir (or plain yogurt)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
a handful of grated cheese (such as Galbanino light)
Just enough chopped parsley
Just enough salt and pepper
- Peel and grate the potatoes, place in a bowl, cover with cold water, mix well with your hands and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the sliced leek (or onion), fry for 2-3 minutes, add the grated carrot and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well, turn off the heat and set aside for a moment.
- Drain the potatoes, place them in a clean bowl, add the sautéed vegetables, mix with a spatula and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a clean bowl, add the kefir, salt and pepper, beat with a hand whisk, add the flour in 3 stages and mix until smooth and homogeneous.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, mix again, pour the batter over the potatoes, mix to bind the ingredients, then spread the mixture evenly on a dripping pan lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place the dish in a pre-heated oven at a temperature of 180°C and cook for 25 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese and leave to cook for a further 15 minutes, always at the same temperature.
- When the bun is ready, sprinkle it with chopped parsley before bringing it to the table.