Mandarin plum cake is a tasty treat; it has a soft, moist texture that makes it so special that it will delight the sweet tooth. In fact, any time is perfect to enjoy a slice and treat yourself to a sweet treat.
Definitely, it is the best alternative to classic packaged products that are a bit too high in sugar, so if you have small children you can present them with a wholesome snack. Moreover, thanks to its lightness, it does not compromise the diet, allowing those who want to keep fit to commit a big sin of gluttony.
Then, if you wish, you can offer it as a dessert at the end of dinner in case you have guests. Preparing it also could not be simpler and faster, because it only takes 10 minutes, not to mention that you also need very few ingredients that everyone always has in their pantry.
Mandarin plum cake recipe for a healthy and tasty breakfast!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Calories: 140 per slice
175 gr of flour
100 g stevia sweetener (or alternatively 200 g regular sugar)
5-6 mandarin oranges
Just enough powdered sugar
- First, peel the mandarins, divide them into wedges, cut them into small pieces with a knife and keep them aside for a moment.
- Now divide the egg whites from the yolks, beat the latter with a hand whisk, add 50 g of stevia sweetener (or 100 g sugar) and mix well.
- Now whip the egg whites to stiff peaks with an electric whisk, as soon as they start to become frothy add 50 gr stevia sweetener (or 100 gr sugar), when ready gently insert them to the yolks and stir with a spatula.
- Sift and incorporate the flour, stir with a spatula to reabsorb it and obtain a smooth and homogeneous mixture, after which incorporate the mandarins.
- Having done this, line a pumcake mold with suitable paper, pour your mixture into it and shake it slightly to level it out.
- Finally put to bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180°C, when finished dust with powdered sugar.