Delicious Karpatka cake is a Polish dessert with a very soft filling that literally melts in the mouth and will surely conquer everyone, even those who are not greedy. It is undoubtedly the ideal dessert for after dinner with friends, to end the meal on a high note and make a good impression on your guests, who will be won over, believe me. In this case, the filling will be a light custard, without the use of butter as in the original recipe. It will still be delicious!
Contrary to popular belief, it is the simplest things that are the most appreciated and the most successful! This is a dessert that is very easy and quick to prepare. So let’s see how to make this dessert!
Karpatka cake recipe, the Polish dessert that is conquering the web!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Resting time in the fridge: 2-3 hours
Total time: about 3 hours
Servings: 8 slices
Calories: 180 per slice
150 gr of flour (1 + 1/2 CUP)
100 ml of water (1/2 CUP)
100 ml of milk (1/2 CUP)
80 gr of butter (1/3 CUP)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
500 ml of milk
150 gr of sugar (1 + 1/2 CUP)
100 gr of flour (1 CUP)
180 gr of butter (3/4 cup)
How to prepare
To make cream filling
- Start by breaking the eggs in a saucepan. Add the stevia sweetener (or sugar), cornstarch and vanilla sugar.
- Whisk to a homogeneous consistency, add the milk, stir and reduce the heat.
- Stirring all the time, allow to thicken over a low heat, pour into a deep dish, cover with cling film and leave to cool.
To make batter
- Crumble the butter in a clean saucepan. Add the water, milk, a pinch of salt, half a teaspoon of stevia (or sugar), turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
- At this point, add the flour, mix with a spatula to obtain a homogeneous mass and turn off the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, allow to cool, add the eggs one by one and mix well with a spatula.
To assemble cake
- Divide the dough (which must be smooth) into two equal parts, then roll out into two 18 cm springform tins lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Place one of the two cakes on a ring-shaped plate, fill with the cream, smooth down, close with the other cake, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Finlay, remove the cling film, remove the ring, sprinkle with icing sugar, cut into slices and serve.
If you like, you can fill the cake with berries or fruit in general.
To make Karpatka cake recipe, you can watch this video recipe!
Keep reading: Cooked in 5 minutes, I make this banana chocolate cake: it’s fabulous | only 160 calories!