This delicious dish, which is also recommended by Goggins | Matten in their introductory book on the sirtuan diet, brings a touch of Japan to your sirtuan diet.
This tasty, vegan Japanese tofu dish is also perfect as a follow-up to a meditation. I hope you enjoy preparing and enjoying this culinary delicacy.
How to make Japanese tofu
Ingredients for 1 person:
- 150 grams gluten-free tofu, firm to the bite
- 120 grams zucchini
- 50 grams kale (preferably fresh, alternatively frozen or in a jar)
- 40 grams of celery
- 35 grams buckwheat
- 35 grams red onions
- 20 grams miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet Japanese rice wine (mirin)
- 1 bird eye chili
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (alternatively powder)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric (alternatively turmeric powder)
- 2 tsp olive oil (cold pressed and organic)
- 1 tsp Tamari gluten-free soy powder
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix the rice wine and miso paste together.
- Cut the tofu into bite size pieces and place the container in the refrigerator. This will allow the whole thing to marinate.
- In the meantime, slice the celery, red onions and zucchini.
- Finely chop the garlic and Bird Eye Chili and set aside. Keep in mind that the Bird Eye Chili is very spicy.
- If you are not conditioned to spiciness, please use much less than indicated in the recipe.
Cook the kale for a few minutes. If using frozen or jarred, cooking may not be necessary.
- Set the kale aside.
- Toast the tofu sprinkled with the sesame seeds in a small skillet for 15 minutes. Continue until a golden-yellow caramelization is visible.
- Place the rinsed buckwheat in a pot of boiling water along with the turmeric. Then drain everything.
- Then fry the celery, red onions, zucchini along with garlic and chili in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Then roast the whole thing for 5 minutes. To prevent burning a little water should be added if necessary.
- Then add the kale and tamari for another minute.
- Then arrange everything nicely and serve. Below the vegetables and buckwheat, above the tofu.
- Enjoy your meal and feel Japanese!