To finish a dinner or lunch with friends in a wonderful way, without having to go to the patisserie, just bring to the table the cannoli filled with cream and you will leave everyone speechless. This dessert is second to none and so tempting that you have to control yourself not to eat them all.
They also add a touch of color and goodness to the end of the meal, especially if you have guests and want to end the meal with a big bang. The preparation takes little time, because all you have to do is buy a good roll of puff pastry and fill it with the cream you have prepared.
A cream-filled cannoli recipe, very quick to prepare and super good!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 26 minutes
Total time: 31 minutes
Servings: 13 cannoli
Calories: 130 a piece
- 1 roll of rectangular puff pastry (also light) – 250 gr
- 500ml of milk
- 5 yolks
- 50 gr of stevia sweetener (or 100 gr of normal sugar)
- 50 g of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
What is needed to brush
- 1 beaten egg
What is needed for garnish
- Just enough peach jam or to taste without added sugar
- As much as needed of chopped almonds (optional)
- Just enough icing sugar
- First let’s prepare the cream for the cannoli: pour the milk into a saucepan, add the vanilla essence, turn on the stove, cover with a lid and let it go 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now break the eggs into a bowl, beat them with a hand whisk, add the stevia sweetener (or sugar), mix for 3 minutes, add the cornstarch and mix without forming lumps.
- Now add the vanilla-flavored milk to the eggs, stir, transfer it back to the saucepan, and turn on the heat.
- Stir without stopping and let it thicken, which will take about 3 minutes over medium heat, then decant the cream into a container, cover it with clingfilm and place it to cool in the refrigerator.
- Take rectangular puff pastry, cut about 13 1-centimeter-thick strips, wrap them around aluminum (or paper) cones and lay them in a drip pan previously lined with appropriate paper.
- When this is done, brush the surface of the cannoli with a beaten egg, after which put them in the oven to bake for 18 minutes at a temperature of 200°C; when done, peel the cannoli off the cones (to avoid burning yourself, use an oven mitt).
- Finally liven up the cream with electric whips, transfer it to a pastry bag (if you don’t have one, use a spoon), fill the cannoli, brush them with the jam and sprinkle with the almond granules and powdered sugar.
If you do not have 12 cones store leftover puff pastry in the refrigerator so that you can use it after the first cannoli are cooked. Leftover cannoli you can store in the refrigerator.
To prepare the cream cannoli you can watch this video recipe