Many people wake up late in the morning and go to work with just a cup of coffee in their stomach, all for the simple fact that breakfast takes a long time to prepare and you have to save time to get there on time.
The cup of coffee will give you the caffeine boost you need on a daily basis, but what about the rest of the protein? What you really need in the morning is a coffee protein shake that will give you the necessary protein you need throughout the day and it is good for post workout.
We recommend you read: 3 Best Vegan Brownie Recipe: dark, white, and microwave chocolate
Try these 7 high coffee protein shakes: once you try them, your mornings will be completely different.
1. Iced Coffee Protein Shake Recipe
It is super filling (holds over until lunch), low in calories, high in protein, and the perfect morning drink and weight loss! (about 115 calories )
- 2 Cups of Ice Cube
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Chopped Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (chocolate protein or vanilla protein powder)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend it until smooth. If it’s too thick, add a little more almond milk or coffee until you get the right consistency. If it’s too runny, add more ice or frozen banana. (about 115 calories )
- Add some of your own favorite ingredients (unsweetened cocoa powder, greek yogurt, flax meal, coconut milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, peanut butter, etc…)
- Make sure to use a protein powder that you love. Whenever you find the protein powder taste to be a little overwhelming, try using just 1/2 a scoop, and add a little plain greek yogurt.
Use banana almost depending how sweet you’d like your drink. Frozen bananas also make it well closer to shaking than smoothie.
2. Coffee Mocca
From now on, you should put a cup of coffee in the fridge at night, before going to bed to rest. In the morning, preparing your breakfast will only take a few minutes.
Simply start by pouring the coffee into the blender with some ice, almond milk and chocolate and vanilla protein powder. This smoothie will keep you going for the rest of the day.
Enjoy with these delicious coffee protein shake in the morning, and don’t forget to SHARE with your friends.
Also learn these: 15 Quick and tasty meals in less than 20 minutes
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder and 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.
- 180 milliliters of cold brewed coffee.
- 180 milliliters of unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 cup of ice.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- If the smoothie is too thick or thin for your taste, adjust the ice or almond milk to your liking.
3. Latte Coffee
If you want a delicious latte, then you should start by grabbing a jar of coconut oil and get to work.
The taste of this coffee is so creamy that you will not believe that it does not contain dairy products. To make this drink much thicker, just add some ice cubes to the blender and that’s it: you will have a delicious morning coffee as a result.
- 1 and half cups of hot coffee.
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (dairy milk, nut milk, other non-dairy milks, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- Optionally 1 scoop of vanilla and chocolate plant-based protein.
- Add the brewed coffee, milk of your choice and organic coconut oil to a high speed blender.
- If you are using a protein powder or collagen powder, add them as well.
- Blend the coffee for about 30 seconds, until all the coconut oil is melted and the coffee is frothy.
4. Coffee Smoothie With Oats and Flax seed
A great way to add protein to your coffee smoothie is to add some oats and flax seeds. Optionally, you can add some chia seeds or hemp seeds to get more grams of protein in the mix. The final touch is a banana, to give it a natural sweetness and a more pleasant taste.
You may want to know: Refresh yourself with this beautiful mermaid lemonade
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee.
- 1 banana.
- 1 4 cup rolled oats.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon flax seed meal.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 cup soy milk or almond milk.
- 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Pour coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, including coffee and ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetness to taste, according to the ingredients we have suggested.
5. Vanilla Latte Milkshake
The special thing about this shake is that it has a unique sweetness because banana and honey are added instead of sugar.
Instead of using a cup of coffee, a coffee-flavored Greek yogurt is used, plus you can add a teaspoon of instant coffee to give it even more flavor and texture.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk with vanilla.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.
- 1/2 frozen banana.
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee powder. A splash of espresso can also work.
- 1/4 cup yogurt-flavored coffee (For example, Chobani Greek yogurt).
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup crushed ice.
- Sweetener or Honey to sweeten.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
6. Ice Mocca shake
This drink coffee uses a very special sweetener, date palms, you only need two of these to make your shake sweet enough. You can add a little cocoa for garnish and your favorite protein, either chocolate or vanilla flavored.
- 2/3 cup of cold coffee.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein.
- 2 date palms.
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon cocoa seeds optional.
- Place all ingredients, except cocoa beans, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, top with some cocoa beans.
7. Creamy Coffee With Yogurt
If you can eat dairy, Greek yogurt is the best option if you want to make your coffee smoothie thicker. It also gives it an acidic touch that counteracts the sweetness of the coffee, but you can also add agave syrup to keep it sweet. With chocolate, vanilla or coffee-flavored protein, it will be delicious.
- 3/4 cup of coffee (cold).
- 1 frozen banana.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder.
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup.
- 1/2 cup ice.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more ice if a thicker consistency is desired.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy these delicious coffee protein smoothie in the morning: not only will they taste great, but they will give you the energy you need and that caffeine boost that will keep you going.
Best of all, you can vary the recipes depending on your personal tastes. With a little bit of seeds, protein powder and some natural ingredients, you’ll make your smoothies a truly pleasurable experience.
Keep reading: How to make homemade protein powder in 10 Minutes
Enjoy with these delicious coffee protein shake in the morning, and don’t forget to like us on Facebook and share with your friends.