Breakfast is important not only for children, but also for adults, because everyone needs to recharge their batteries before leaving home. To make the first meal of the day special, try a good and delicious ricotta cake. As soon as it comes out of the oven, it fills the kitchen with an irresistible aroma.
It is a soft and tasty dessert that you can make at the moment, as it only takes a few minutes to prepare, but of course you will have to consider the cooking time and whether it is better to do it in the morning or the day before. Either way, it’s sure to be a success and there’s no risk of leftovers because it’s so delicious and inviting that it disappears at the speed of light. It is also low in calories, so those on a diet can enjoy a slice!
Creamy and delicious ricotta cake: only 3 tablespoons of flour!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Calories: 130 per slice
600 g of light ricotta
3 egg whites
3 tablespoons semolina flour (or regular)
3 tablespoons stevia sweetener (or regular sugar alternative)
3 tablespoons sour cream (natural yogurt is fine too)
1 grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
- Place the ricotta in a bowl, add the egg yolks, the stevia (or sugar), a pinch of salt, the vanilla sugar, the grated lemon rind, the semolina and the sour cream.
- Blend everything well with the immersion blender until you have a nice compact and homogeneous mixture, then use a spatula to mix it all together.
- Now beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff and add them to the dough, stirring gently from the bottom to the top.
- Once this is done, place the mixture in a round, hinged tin with a diameter of 18-20 centimetres, lined with greaseproof paper. If you want a taller cake, use the smaller tin.
- Finally, level the surface of your cake and place it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40-50 minutes, at the end sprinkle with a little icing sugar and enjoy.