To accompany a cup of hot milk, a cup of coffee or a cup of tea, cashew cookies are perfect. In fact, they turn out soft enough to melt deliciously in the mouth and make them great on their own as well, so you can make a decidedly mouth-watering snack outside of a meal (like a snack).
But, what makes them extremely special is not only their texture, because they have an interesting lemon aroma that will delight those who like citrusy flavors and smells. By the way, if you have organized a dinner party and are tired of serving as dessert the classic cake, fortunately, nothing prohibits you from proposing these cookies and surprise everyone.
They are prepared without flour, butter, eggs and milk. Although they are not dietary, they are still made with healthy and nutritious ingredients. So a cookie even on a diet is allowed.
Don’t have enough time for dessert? Well, to make these cookies will take you only a few minutes, as it involves a limited number of steps that you will follow without too much difficulty.
Cashew nut cookies recipe: I make them without flour, butter, eggs and milk!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Portions: 10 large cookies
Calories: 100 per cookie
120 gr cashews
40 gr coconut flakes
1 grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon sweet honey (maple syrup is also fine)
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or butter)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
½ teaspoon baking soda
- First, turn on the oven, set a temperature of 160°C (350°F) and let it warm up so that it is ready to use.
- Now place the cashews in the glass of the blender, blend them to a fine flour, add the coconut flakes, grated lemon zest, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, honey and baking soda.
- Now close with the lid, operate the appliance and mix so that you get a mixture with a smooth grainy consistency that should be transferred to a bowl.
- Once this is done, take one tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll it to make balls, place them in a drip pan lined with special paper and crush them lightly with your fingers.
- Finally bake in a very hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes at a temperature of 160°C, when finished place the cookies on a wire rack, wait for them to cool completely and serve.
Notes and tips
To store the cookies, preventing them from losing their fragrance, simply seal them in an airtight container.
To prepare cashew cookies you can watch this video recipe: