Do you want to surprise your friends with a cheese you made at home? In this case, you will succeed with the much loved and consumed fresh spreadable cheese like the Philadelphia. In fact, it will conquer even the most demanding and refined palates, because it may be even better than a product bought at the supermarket, not to mention that you will have the satisfaction of having made it yourself. Believe me, bringing it to the table is a great success.
Undoubtedly, this is a recipe that must be tried at least once in a lifetime, if only for the pleasure of having a little whim. The necessary ingredients, mainly kefir and sour cream, make this cheese light and compatible with a low-calorie diet, to the delight of those who want to lose weight.
What’s more, it takes much less time to prepare than you might think, but that’s not all, because the procedure is much simpler and more intuitive than other preparations. So let’s see how to make this spreadable cheese!
The recipe for Philadelphia, the most loved and consumed spreadable cheese!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 30 minutes + overnight
- 1 liter of kefir
- 400 g of 25% fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pour the kefir into a bowl, add the sour cream and salt, and mix with a hand whisk.
- Place a cheesecloth in a large bowl, pour in the cheese and leave for 30 minutes to allow the whey to drain.
- Finally, cover the cheese with cling film and a lid, place a weight of about 500 grams on top and leave it in the refrigerator for a whole night (12 hours).
- As soon as the necessary time has passed, the fresh cheese will be ready to be enjoyed.
The spreadable cheese can be used as a filling for any kind of dish, as a delicious snack, or to fill and/or bake your cakes.