Coconut oil is a true wonder, a product that is great for food, beauty and hygiene. Do you want to know how to make homemade coconut oil? Read on and you will see how easy it is to make it.
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil can be used in different ways to improve the condition of skin and hair. It is also an excellent ally if you want to have a healthy diet and use it to replace olive oil in some occasions. Your health also improves in several aspects if you consume it.
How to make homemade coconut oil
- The first thing you should know is that coconut oil is made from coconut milk, so you have to get that milk. The ideal is to obtain it in a natural way, extracting the liquid from the inside of a coconut without breaking it, just make 3 holes and pour the liquid into a container.
- Once the liquid is extracted, open it in half, take out the pulp and grate it.
Wrap the zest with a thin cotton cloth and squeeze it to remove as much milk as possible. You should put a container underneath so that the milk falls in there and you don’t waste any.
- Add coconut water to the milk in the pulp, this will hydrate it. You must wait a little so that it absorbs it well, and then squeeze it again with the cloth.
- When it is all squeezed out again, save the pulp to be able to use it for cooking, for example. From here on you are only interested in the milk obtained, with which you can make your homemade coconut oil.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan or frying pan and heat over low heat, stirring continuously.
- The heat will cause the water to evaporate and the milk to thicken, so it will begin to granulate and separate from the oil.
- Once the milk proteins have separated from the oil, filter it through a strainer.
- Once all of the above is done, you will have your coconut oil and you can use it as you see fit.
- If you want to solidify it, just put it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. If you are not going to use it right away, you can add a few drops of vitamin E and you will keep it in perfect conditions for a longer period of time.
What do you usually use coconut oil for?