If you are wondering how to make homemade bread, you are in the ideal place to solve the doubt, today we show you an easy and delicious recipe.
Some days we have a lot of free time, or vacation days where we have nothing to do and feel like staying at home.
This days are great to invest some time in cooking our own bread, besides the fact that we prepare the dough ourselves is very satisfactory, it can be delicious and it is always healthier than processed breads that we buy in supermarkets.
TRADITIONAL HOMEMADE BREAD
A first recipe to know how to make homemade sweet bread is simple in terms of ingredients, but you will not get a less tasty and surprising result.
Preparation time: 1 hour 20 minutes
200 g of sugar
2 tablespoons of baking powder
1 kilo of wheat flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
200 ml of vegetable oil
- In a large bowl we will add 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, the yeast and salt as well as 1/4 cup of warm water. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- After this time, we are going to add the eggs, the oil, the sugar and the vanilla extract.
- With the help of a fork, beat and then add the rest of the flour.
- We will slowly add water to this mixture while we beat it. Little by little a firm dough will be formed, it is at that moment, when it is firm and smooth that we should stop adding water. Once we have the dough, we knead it for 5 minutes.
- We make small balls of the same size with the dough; with these quantities they can come out approximately 20. We let them rest for about 45 minutes and they will double their size.
- Grease a baking tray and place the dough balls about 10 cm apart. Leave to rest for an hour.
- Put the tray with the dough in the oven preheated to 180 ºC and let them bake for 20 minutes, until they are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let them cool down and eat!
HOMEMADE BREAD WITH NUTS
A version of homemade bread made with dried fruits and a touch of chocolate, it is excellent for breakfast with the family. Keep in mind that it is a recipe with a very hard elaboration and you will need to have enough time to prepare it.
Preparation time: 6 hours 45 minutes
500 g of flour
50 g fresh yeast
2 eggs size L
30 g of water
160 g of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
grated 1/2 lemon
100 ml of milk
130 g of butter
1 tablespoon of orange blossom water
dark pastry chocolate
For this sweet bread we have to prepare two different types of dough. Let’s start with the first one:
- In a bowl, add 250 grams of flour, water and eggs.
- Mix these ingredients well and knead. One tip is to knead on a worktop with sprinkled flour.
- The result should be a dough that does not stick to your fingers.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl (so that it doesn’t stick to us) and cover it.
- It should rest for about 1 hour and double its size.
Now, continue with the second dough:
- In a bowl, add 250 grams of flour, a pinch of salt, the grated rind of 1/2 lemon and the sugar. Mix well and add the orange blossom water, milk and vanilla essence. Finally, add 25 grams of the yeast.
- We knead this mixture in a worktop with sprinkled flour in order to get a dough that does not stick to our fingers.
- It is time to join both doughs and knead well.
- Add the butter cut into pieces to the dough at room temperature and continue kneading.
- When it is well mixed and kneaded, we keep it in a bowl and let it rest for 3 hours in a protected place.
- Add the nuts and chocolate in pieces to the dough.
- We divide the dough in 4 pieces to form buns that we will put in molds in case we want to shape them, or without a mold if we don’t want to. Cover the buns with a cloth and leave them to rest for 2 hours, they will double in size.
- We can beat an egg and paint the top of the buns. They will be ready to bake at 170 degrees with heat only on the bottom for 20 minutes.
- Then, add the heat to the top and leave for 15 more minutes.