Does cellulite accumulate on the arms? Depending on your constitution and your metabolism, you may have fluid retention in areas such as your arms, buttocks, stomach, hips, etc.
The arms are a somewhat complicated area to be able to eliminate cellulite, but not impossible: you will have to make a series of changes in your lifestyle and help yourself with some methods that will reduce orange peel skin. In this article we will tell you how to get rid of cellulite on your arms with a simple exercise routine, so that you can show them off without complexes.
Cellulite is one of the main aesthetic problems that affects men and women, and it does not only appear on the thighs and buttocks. Incorporate these strength training to reduce the appearance of cellulite on arms: toning and firming.
Although cellulite is also the name given to a skin infection of bacterial origin, when we use the term we generally refer to the accumulation of fat in certain areas of the body that has the appearance of dimples or orange peel skin.
Why does cellulite appear?
Cellulite is the consequence of an accumulation of fat that pushes the connective tissue under the skin, causing its characteristic appearance, which is also confirmed by squeezing the skin. Although not very aesthetic, it is a common problem for many women and even men.
According to the Nemours Foundation, genes, gender, weight and age influence the appearance of cellulite. With this in mind, it is important to note that it is not exclusive to those who are overweight, although it tends to be more pronounced.
Although it is more common on the buttocks and thighs, it can also appear on the arms, abdomen, or back because these are areas with more natural fat. In the case of the arms, if you have “chubby” arms, you are more likely to develop it.
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to make it go away, but there are several treatments for cellulite that can help improve it. But before you undergo any, try the basics: a healthy diet and exercise.
6 exercises to get rid of cellulite on arms
Although cellulite is not easy to eliminate, exercise is a great ally, not only because it helps us lose weight and fat, but also because exercises help increase muscle mass and, according to experts, by replacing fat with muscle, the appearance of cellulite improves.You can do this routine without getting out of bed, so no excuses!
1- Short circles
Work your shoulders and improve your posture. Start with this exercise to warm up your arms while you work them.
- Sit on the edge of a bed and raise your arms straight out to your sides, forming a T, and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Spread your arms out, palms down, thumbs forward, and make 20 forward circles with your arms.
- With palms up and thumbs back, rotate arms backward 20 times. Repeat 3 sets.
2- Half cobra push-ups
- Lie face down on a yoga mat with your hands under your shoulders. Straighten your body on the mat.
- Using the palms of your hands, lift your chest off the floor and stop when your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your elbows touch your chest the entire time. Aim for the triceps and chest. You must do 10 repetitions for 2 sets.
3- Plank tap
- Begin in high plank position with palms flat, hands shoulder-width apart, shoulders stacked directly over wrists, legs extended behind you, and core and glutes engaged.
- Touch left shoulder with right hand while engaging core and glutes to keep hips as still as possible.
- Repeat with left hand on right shoulder. That’s 1 rep.
- Continue alternating sides. To make it easier, try spreading your legs a little further apart.
- Perform 10 repetitions for 2 sets.
4- Diamond push-ups
- Touch your index fingers and thumbs, forming a diamond shape with your hands, and place your hands under the center of your chest.
- Stand on your toes with your legs straight (push-up position) or on your knees in a modified plank position with your belly button pressed against your spine.
- Gradually bend your elbows in a four-part curve: half down, half down, half up, and half up.
- Be sure to keep your core engaged so your hips don’t sag.
- Repeat the four-part push-up 10 times, then do 10 more push-ups without stopping in the middle for 2 sets.
Read: Tone the back of your arms with these 10 triceps exercises
5- Dumbbell Floor Press
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, one foot away from your bottom.
- Hold a water bottle in each hand and extend arms above shoulders, palms facing each other. With control, flex arms and lower to sides until triceps touch floor.
- Elbows should be at 45-degree angle to body. Slowly reverse the motion and start over.
- That’s one repetition. Perform 12 repetitions for 2 sets.
6. Triceps dips
- Sit on the edge of a sturdy chair, stair, weight bench, or step and grasp the edge next to your hips.
- Press into the palms of your hands to lift your body and slide forward just enough to clear the backside of the chair.
- Lower until your elbows are flexed between 45 and 90 degrees. Control the movement through the full range of motion.
- Slowly raise back up until arms are almost straight and repeat.
- Perform 12 repetitions for a total of 2 sets.
Keep reading: 7 exercises to get a flat belly and slim waist that you can do even sitting on a chair