How to clean oven correctly without chemicals products.
When it comes to cleaning really dirty ovens, there are many products available on the market, fast and that work very well, of which we will not talk about, but there are also natural alternatives, more effective, cheaper and that do not irritate or leave a chemical smell throughout the house.
The kings of natural cleaners are lemon and vinegar which, accompanied by baking soda (a chemical, but very common in the home), have a reputation for removing any type of grease and dirt, can be difficult clean it if you do not use one of the following methods that we propose below.
How to clean a oven with natural products
1. Magic baking soda and vinegar paste
The baking soda can be used to disinfect, decrease and clean almost everything. It is also very economical to use and can be found anyplace.
To clean oven you can spread it directly on the bottom if there are food remains attached and then spray it with water and vinegar. The most effective way to use it is to make a paste of baking soda, water and vinegar to make it stick better. For this, follow the next steps:
- In a bowl, add 10 tablespoons of baking soda, 4 tablespoons of hot water and 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Slowly add the vinegar since this will cause the baking soda to react and foam.
- In case the mixture is too liquid, add a little more baking soda.
- Once the mixture is ready, spread it through the oven, especially in the dirty areas.
- Allow it to work for two hours, or overnight depending on whether or not the dirt in your oven is encrusted.
- Finally, just rinse with water or with vinegar water spray.
In case you don’t have much time, all you have to do is turn on the oven and leave the mixture inside for a while. It will be much faster to remove any dirt.
Anti-bacterial and disinfectant properties of vinegar will make this a perfect product for oven clean-up. Can also be used to disinfect fruits and vegetables, as well as to clean the whole kitchen.
1. In case the oven is not too dirty and you need to clean it quickly, you can fill the tray with 2 glasses of hot water and 1 glass of vinegar. Then, turn on the oven at 200 degrees and leave it for 30 minutes. Then simply wipe the walls of the oven and the glass with a damp cloth, allowing the vinegar vapor to escape on its own.
2. If you want to do a deeper cleaning, you should prepare a bottle of water and vinegar in spray, keeping a proportion of 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar to avoid bad smell (although the smell of vinegar disappears quite fast). With this spray bottle it is possible to spray the walls of the oven, let it work for a few minutes and then rinse it with water.
In addition, you can also use this water and vinegar spray on different kitchen surfaces: worktops, sinks and stainless steel appliances. In addition, it gives a splendid result on kitchen utensils such as pots, pans or cutting boards.
It may interest you: 10 amazing uses of vacuum cleaner that you never imagined
Coca-Cola is many people’s favorite drink, although it can also help clean the oven, especially the grill. To do this, just remove the grill and let it soak with a Coke for 15 minutes. Once this time has passed, clean it with a damp cloth. When you doubt the effectiveness of this trick, you must remember that if you put a steak in a Coke, it will be eaten with soda.
Lemon is a disinfectant and antiseptic product. To clean the oven properly is very effective because its nice aroma helps us to eliminate bad odors, and especially for recipes with fish. Simply throw water on the oven tray with a lemon juice and peel. Ideally, it should be done just after using the oven to take advantage of residual heat.
Follow the instructions below for more thorough cleaning:
- Cut 2 lemons in half and squeeze their juice.
- Put the juice in a pan and pour it into the oven.
- Change the oven to a 30 minute program at 250ºC.
- When this time has passed, remove the pan and wipe the walls of the oven with a cloth.
If you don’t have baking soda, then you can make a dough with yeast and vinegar, this mixture is not as good because you must use enough yeast to be equally effective. Also, baking soda is preferred, since it is much faster. Try the following steps:
- In a bowl, mix a few tablespoons of yeast with a little water. This forms a paste that can easily be spread on the surfaces to be cleaned.
- Next, spread it around inside the oven. It will turn the yeast brown.
- Allow them to work through all night. The yeast takes at least 12 hours to work properly.
- The next day, apply a damp cloth and remove as much yeast as possible. If there are still residues, apply the water and vinegar spray to remove them completely.
- Once the vinegar reacts with the yeast, you will notice how a foam forms. Remove it with a damp cloth.
- Put the oven on low temperature for 15–20 minutes for drying and it will be ready.
6. Table Salt
It is an ideal ecological substitute for cleaning grease stains that are difficult to remove. In case you don’t have vinegar at home or its smell bothers you, you can make the same mixture of baking soda and water to replace it with another one. It will absorb the grease and make cleaning easier thanks to its astringent function.
You may want to know: 8 great reasons why you should pee in your shower every day