It only takes a little, very little, to prepare at home, without preservatives and only with natural products, just one of the most popular products of our table, Nutella.
It is, the most popular cream spread in the world, and since 1964, when it was invented by the industrialists Ferrero (who were born in a small pastry shop in Alba, in the Langhe region of Italy), its sales have multiplied until it has become a true symbol not only of Made in Italy, but of a global product of our tables.
The name Nutella, around which there is even a veritable literature of songs, comes from the English word “nut” and reminds us that it is a gianduja cream with cocoa and hazelnuts, two substances very beneficial to our organism.
However, Nutella, without detracting from its deliciousness, we can also make it at home. With a simple homemade process that we present here. And with some advantages in line with our Do Not Waste philosophy, among which we must mention the absence of palm oil and preservatives. This is why our Nutella must be consumed within a week, otherwise you risk losing it and wasting it.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE NUTELLA RECIPE
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
100g whole hazelnuts or toasted kernels
100 g extra dark chocolate
50 g sweet milk chocolate
150 ml semi-skimmed milk
3 tablespoons peanut oil
125 grams powdered sugar
- To make the spreadable hazelnut cream, start by toasting the hazelnuts, if you didn’t buy them toasted, let them cool and grind them as much as you can until you get a very fine flour that will slowly turn into a dough.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to blend (the more you blend the hazelnuts, the fewer lumps your cream will have, so use the blender generously).
- Heat the milk, but do not let it boil, and add the chopped chocolate, stirring with the heat off until completely melted.
- Now add the 3 tablespoons peanut oil.
- Immediately after obtaining the hazelnut paste. Mix with a whisk until the hazelnut paste is well blended or mix with an immersion minipin to make the cream much smoother and more homogeneous.
- Stir over medium heat for exactly 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, let cool for a few minutes, then pour the cream into a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours.
- In the morning it will be much thicker, if you like it more liquid just take it out of the fridge a few minutes before breakfast. Good work
If you want to get a very smooth and lump-free cream like the original, equip yourself with a good electric spice grinder, like the ones you use to grind coffee and pepper… you will get almost a liquid from the hazelnuts and the cream will be divine.
As with all products without preservatives, we recommend keeping Nutella Cream in the refrigerator, in a container with a lid, for up to 4 weeks – if you can resist eating it all before then.