Condiments, even more so when they can be spread on bread, are the kind of preparation that always manages to make everyone jealous, even if it achieves some success. But if you bring salmon pesto to the table, you will receive so much applause that you will feel, for a moment, almost as good as starred chefs. This pesto is so rich in flavor that it can conquer even the most insatiable palates. If you let even the little ones taste it, you can be sure that they will appreciate it far beyond your expectations.
You will certainly be able to make fish even more delicious in the eyes of your children. Moreover, this amazing pesto is really light and very low in calories, so it fits in well with the diet. And you won’t need biblical times to prepare it, or even too complicated steps. In fact, the opposite is true, because you will have it ready very easily and in just a few minutes.
Salmon pesto recipe to spread anywhere you want.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Calories: 130 per serving
500 g of salmon fillet
25 g of walnuts
4 tablespoons of protein cream cheese
1 tablespoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of chopped capers
1 grated lime zest
1 handful of chopped dill
1 handful of chopped chives
Just enough smoked paprika
a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- First, place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper with the skin side down, season it with pepper and sprinkle it with paprika powder.
- Then brush the surface with a little oil and cook in the preheated oven at 170°C for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the cheese in a bowl, add the mustard, lime zest and capers, and set aside for a moment.
- Cut the shallot into very thin slices and the walnuts into small pieces, put everything into the blender jug and blend well, then add the chopped dill and chives to the cheese.
- Once this is done, take the salmon out of the oven, remove the skin, let it cool, then cut it into small pieces and add it to the other ingredients.
- Now mix well with a spoon to obtain a mixture with a soft consistency, then bake the slices of bread and salt for 8 minutes at a temperature of 170°C.
- Finally, spread the cream on the croutons, which should be crunchy on top and soft on the bottom, then serve.