You probably have already heard that green fruits and vegetables are good options to include in your diet, right?
Green fruits, known for being sources of chlorophyll (a type of antioxidant pigment), are great for strengthening immunity and detoxifying the body. Besides being rich in several vitamins and minerals, they have anti-inflammatory action and help keep the body always hydrated.
To encourage you to include these vegetables in your daily diet, we have prepared a list with 10 highly nutritious and health-giving green fruits. It is worth checking it out!
So what fruit is greens and why eat them?
This delicious tropical fruit with a neutral flavor is ideal to accompany salads, toast, nachos and is even used in the form of face masks as a beauty treatment.
The avocado has a creamy green flesh, although not as intense as its shell, with a large brown seed. It is mainly characterized for being an important source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids (fats that benefit good cholesterol).
Benefits of avocados
- Avocados provide monounsaturated fatty acids, i.e. healthy fats and fiber.
- They are a rich source of vitamin E. It also has vitamin C and provitamin A
- Among its minerals it provides potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper and zinc.
- This fruit controls blood pressure, has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- It is good for the health of the immune and digestive system.
2. Green banana
Have you ever eaten green banana? If not, try it! Besides being economical, the fruit helps the intestine function and relieves constipation. It also helps control diabetes, because it has fiber and starch, which prevents blood sugar from rising after eating.
Kiwis always surprise us, in fact it is one of green fruits with the most nutrients to offer. This brown shell fruit with pistachio green flesh has a variety of properties, characteristics and benefits that will surprise you.
Benefits of kiwis
- They are low in calories and are a rich source of vitamin C. (They have twice as much as oranges).
- They are also characterized by having significant amounts of fiber.
- It is rich in folic acid, vitamin E, magnesium and potassium, among some of its minerals.
- Kiwis are a powerful antioxidant, thanks to substances such as chlorophyll, carotenes and other compounds of this family.
- Helps to improve diseases related to cellular aging.
- Promotes the production of estrogen, which is great for women in the menopausal stage.
- Prevents some cardiovascular disorders, obesity, diabetes and eye problems.
4. Green lime
Lime, lemongrass or lime is a fruit with an unmistakable aroma that makes us happy just by looking at it. It is often confused with lemon and, like all citrus fruits, it is characterized by its high vitamin C content.
Lime juice in particular is delicious and refreshing, but mainly a great source of antioxidants. We all love them!
Benefits of lime
- This delicious fruit provides minerals, vitamin C, water and fiber.
- It has antiseptic and alkalizing properties. It contains carbohydrates.
- Lime helps improve digestion, prevents dehydration, and even has benefits for the skin.
- It relieves colds and respiratory problems. It protects us from infections thanks to its vitamin C content.
- It fights constipation and can be used as a depurative fruit.
- It strengthens nails, prevents hair loss and improves the appearance of the skin (spots, freckles and pimples).
5. Brazil plum
Do you know the brazil plum or umbu? This fruit comes from the umbuzeiro tree and has nutrients such as vitamins C, A, and B1, as well as calcium, phosphorus, and iron. Because it has antioxidant properties, this food helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
6. Green melon
The green melon, also known as honeydew melon or tuna melon, is one of the most refreshing fruits available, thanks to its high water content. Along with watermelon, cantaloupe is one of the most popular summer fruits.
Melon is a rich fruit that can be enjoyed in chunks or in a delicious juice. It is characterized mainly by its pale green color and sweet taste.
Benefits of green melon
- Melons are a rich source of beta-carotene, vitamins A, C and B.
- It also stands out for its potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium content.
- It has many important advantages for our organism thanks to its rich properties. In addition to being a very light and delicious food to the palate.
- It is depurative, thanks to its high water, fiber and potassium content.
- It helps to reduce blood pressure.
- It is a fruit recommended for women who are in the sweet wait, thanks to its rich properties in vitamins and minerals.
- It is recommended in the diets of people who want to lose weight and has anti-inflammatory virtues.
Sweet apple or pine nut is a green food that is most easily found in the regions of Pará, Piauí, Ceará, Goiás, and Maranhão. It has antioxidant properties and helps to prevent and treat diabetes. It has B vitamins, vitamin C, fiber, calcium, and phosphorus. Can be consumed in juices or even roasted.
It is a rich of carbohydrates, very useful to quench thirst. Although it is low in fat and protein, it provides essential nutrients for our health.
To enjoy them, you can do it with or without shell, although its consumption with skin is recommended, since it also has great benefits.
Benefits of pears
- Contains vitamin C, E, pro-vitamin A and folic acid, although not in high properties.
- It is a source of energy thanks to its carbohydrate content.
- It is also a fruit of easy digestion, so it is indicated as a great digestive.
- It is considered a fruit with good properties to dissolve uric acid. It is astringent and remineralizing.
The yaca or panapén is an exotic fruit full of multiple benefits for our organism, as all those that are included in this characteristic.
The yaca is rich in carbohydrates, lipids and proteins. Other names by which this delicious tropical fruit is known are: jackfruit, jackfruit, jacktree or jackfruit.
Benefits of yaca
- This rich fruit has a high content of potassium, and in smaller quantities other minerals such as iron, sodium, magnesium and calcium. It has vitamins C and A.
- It is good for the circulatory system, it is also rich in antioxidants, which prevent
- premature aging and protect us from free radicals.
- It helps to take care of vision thanks to its vitamin A content, like many fruits, it is also good for constipation.
With a bittersweet flavor and a citric touch, the soursop is a fruit rich in calcium, magnesium, and potassium, in addition to containing vitamins C and B complex. According to nutritionist Bruna Lyrio, it is recommended for people with hypertension and for those who suffer from intestinal constipation.
9. Green apples
Apples are generally delicious and satiating fruits, but those of green color represent one of the greatest sources of nutrients, in fact they are rich in fiber, help cholesterol and strengthen the immune system.
Although red apples are the best known, green apples are also delicious and a great source of nutrients.
Benefits of green apples
- It is a fruit with great digestive health benefits, it is rich in antioxidants.
- It is an important source of vitamins A, B and C, in addition to its fiber content.
- Its amounts of vitamin C promote health and help the absorption of iron.
- This food is ideal for slimming diets.
- They are excellent for leveling blood sugar and for healthy teeth and bones.
- They are also allies of good heart health.
- If these benefits are not enough, apples can also help you look more beautiful, since they have vitamins that help you have a radiant skin.
10. Green coconut
If you love to drink coconut water, then you can be sure that this habit contributes (a lot!) to your health. Green coconut is a powerful antioxidant and can help activate the immune system, increasing the body’s ability to fight disease.
11. Green grapes
Grapes are delicious fruits and known to be the main ingredient of wine. There are wine-colored, purple and green grapes.
Green grapes stand out from other fruits because they are high in fiber, low in fat and rich in vitamins. Also are antioxidant and contribute to the formation of free radicals.
Benefits of grapes
- They are rich in antioxidants and have a low glycemic index.
- They have a high content of fiber, carbohydrates and also have vitamin C.
- They have many minerals: potassium, copper, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, sulfur and selenium.
- Their caloric intake is compensated by their depurative capacity, since grapes contain high
- levels of water.
- The phytochemicals they contain help the glycemic balance of the blood, since they stimulate the pancreas and the production of insulin.
- It is an ideal fruit to keep cholesterol at bay because it is rich in flavonoids.
- Its consumption is recommended for poor circulation, helps prevent tumors, this is due to its resveratrol content.
- It is an ideal fruit to combat constipation and a great ally for people suffering from allergies.
Do you like sweet and exotic fruits? Well, you’ve found your choice! Rich in vitamins C and A, the chirimoya has fiber that helps the intestine function and promotes satiety. It is also known as ice cream fruit and has a soft texture. Its production is concentrated in the state of São Paulo, so if you are in the area, it is worth trying it.
Chlorophyll: the great ally of green fruits
One characteristic that green vegetables and fruits have in common is chlorophyll. In addition to the nutritional values that fruits provide through vitamins and minerals, chlorophyll adds a number of benefits.
Some health benefits of chlorophyll are:
- Helps lower cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Helps balance blood glucose levels.
- Improves circulation, lowers blood pressure and is generally good for cardiovascular health.
- It is rich in carotenoids, which activate enzymes in the body essential for proper assimilation of nutrients.
- It helps the healing of ulcers.
- It favors the absorption of calcium in bones and teeth.
- Significantly improves physical performance.
- It has an important role in the reinforcement of memory.
- It is a great oxygenating and detoxifying agent for the organism.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps to improve digestive function
- It is a substance with anticarcinogenic properties
So, which of these green fruits have you tried or incorporated into your daily diet? All of them are tasty and have great nutritional power. If you want to increase your protection against diseases, understand more about vitamin C, this great ally of our beauty and health.