Yogurt cake is a very light and easy to prepare recipe that everyone will love. Although it may resemble a cheesecake in appearance and texture, it tastes fresher, creamier and lighter, and is a very appropriate option for those people who do not usually consume cheese. The preparation of this recipe is very simple, just add all the ingredients little by little and mix.
Natural yogurt is a food that offers many health benefits. It regulates heartburn and intestinal flora. It contains calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, which are minerals needed to keep the bone system healthy. The ingredients you need to make Greek yogurt cake are so simple that you can have almost all of them in your kitchen. But now, let’s see the recipe!
Greek yogurt cake recipe, soft and creamy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Calories (per 100 g): 140
30 g of stevia sweetener (or 70 g of brown or regular sugar)
350 gr of greek yoghurt, unsweetened (or any yoghurt)
40 g of corn starch
4 g of yeast or baking powder
Vanilla essence (one teaspoon)
- To make the yogurt cake, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Add the sweetener to the yolks and beat with an electric mixer. Then add the Greek yogurt, the grated zest of half a lemon and continue to whisk.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence, sifted cornstarch and baking powder and continue to mix.
- Beat the egg whites that we put aside and then add them to the yolk mixture, stirring slowly from the bottom up.
- Once all the ingredients are well mixed, prepare a 20-22 cm pan lined with parchment paper and pour in the mixture.
- Bake the yogurt cake in the oven at 170°C for about 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When cooled, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and cut into slices.
If you like, you can serve the Greek yogurt cake with some jam, light cream or a side of fresh fruit. This cake can be made with plain yogurt or fruit yogurt. With this dessert you can sweeten the afternoons of your family and guests. It can be served with a cup of coffee for snacks and with a fruit juice for children. It is a very nutritious dessert that will give you energy.
Keep reading: You will never buy bread again! With cheese and is cooked without the oven, it has only 220 Kcal
Greek yogurt is a rich food source of iodine. Iodine is important for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland, which is essential for a healthy metabolism. The thyroid hormones produced by this gland, of which iodine is a part, are important for the growth and development of the skeletal system, the development and maturation of the nervous system, and the energy metabolism of our body, which helps maintain body temperature, among other functions.
To help you prepare the yogurt cake, you can watch the video recipe below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.