Do you want to smaller your waist easily and quickly? Here are effective exercises that will help you lose volume and get in shape.
Below are seven exercises for smaller waist and work the hip muscles, and lower abdominal, obliques and buttocks. All of these workouts are designed to tone the torso and lower body in a uniform way, to tone and better define the waist.
Best exercises for smaller waist
1- Turning Torso
- Start with sitting on a floor. Stretch your left leg and bend your right leg.
- With your right hand behind you, turn your upper body to the right and place your left arm over your bent knee.
- Do not exaggerate the turn; this must be a stretch, not a strain.
Wait about 10 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 5 repetitions.
2- Leg lifts
This first exercise will help you reduce your waist and hips, work your buttocks and abductors. Also, to perform this workout you only need a mat to lie down on.
- Lie on your back with your back to the floor, legs and arms stretched out.
- Raise a leg and stretch your abdomen to begin tracing circles the air, to both sides and for 20 seconds.
- The back and the hip must be always stable and supported on the ground.
- Go back to the initial position and make this exercise with other leg.
- Do 15 repetitions each leg.
3- Heel touch
- Lie down on the ground, bend your knees and separate your legs a little more than the width of your shoulders. Extend your arms with palms inward.
- Exhale and press your torso to the left to touch the left heel with the fingers of your left hand.
- Hold this position for one second.
- Return slowly to the starting position and inhale. Do the same with your right side.
- Repeat 30 times.
4- Side plank
This exercise, in addition to reducing waist circumference, will also allow you to work on your rectus abdominal and external obliques.
- Lie on your side, one leg on top of the other, with your forearm and hand resting on the ground.
- Contract your abdomen and raise your whole body until it is aligned from feet to head.
- Keep the posture for some few seconds.
- Return slowly in the initial position and change sides.
- Do this circuit for 30 sec each side.
5- Oblique V Crunch
- Lie down on your right side. Place your legs on top of each other and place your left hand behind your head.
- Lift your legs straight off the floor and bring your torso to your legs, forming a “V”. Support yourself with your right hand.
Slowly lower yourself back onto the yoga mat.
- Repeat 10 times for each side.
6- Bicycle Crunches
Another perfect exercise for reducing waistline is cycling on air. In addition to exercising rectus abdominal and obliques, the bicycle maneuver will allow us to work the quadriceps, buttocks and hip extensors.
- Lie down on your back with your legs extended, your feet slightly raised and your hands on the sides of your head.
- Slightly raise your head and contract your abdomen while bending your left knee, inclining your torso and bringing your right elbow toward the knee.
- Return to the initial position and bend right knee, now bringing the left elbow to it.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times
7- Windshield wiper
- Lie on your back on the floor and place your arms straight at your sides for support.
- Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Turn your legs to the left side, but do not let them touch the ground.
- Keep this position for a couple of seconds, then return slowly to the initial position.
- Repeat with your right side.
- Do this circuit 30 times.