In this article you will learn how to get rid of cellulite on butt and thighs at home using simple exercises.
Cellulite appears as the accumulation of fat in certain parts of our body and in order to remove it there are a few things you need to know first.
For women, cellulite tends to accumulate generally on their butt and legs. For men, it tends to accumulate on the stomach and thighs. However, the skin in both cases presents a certain tightness, caused by internal fat, very similar to an orange peel.
Cellulite affects most women and getting rid of it is not an easy task. This type of problem can cause us insecurity when wearing any skirt, bikini or garment that exposes the areas affected by this problem.
The formation of adipose nodules of fat in different parts of the body affects both overweight and thin women. Cellulite or ‘orange peel skin’ tends to accumulate especially in the hips, waist and legs. To eliminate it, it is necessary to practice exercise, eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. Massages with an anti-cellulite cream help to mobilize the fat and make the nodules smaller.
Basic exercises to say goodbye to cellulite:
1. Glute clams
Lie on the floor sideways. With your back straight and legs bent. Lift one of your legs until you feel the pressure on your buttocks and slowly return the leg to the other knee. If you want the effects of this exercise to be more effective, you can do them with leggings. Complete 15 repetitions on each leg and then repeat 2 sets (in total you should do 45 repetitions on each leg).
2. Squats with front kick
Do one squat and as you come up do a front kick. Change between each side. Perform 30 repetitions and then repeat 2 sets (in total you should do 90 times this exercise).
3. Modified clamshell
These clams have a variation and are very effective to get rid of cellulite that is stored in your butt. Lie on the floor sideways. Do a simple clam but before returning turn your knee and lift your leg up. If you want the effects of this exercise to be more effective you can do them with leggings. Do 15 repetitions on each leg and then repeat 2 sets (in total you should do 45 times this exercise on each leg).
Lie on the floor sideways. Stretch out the leg on your lying side and bend your other leg into a triangle and rest it on the other leg. Then raise the leg that is on the floor and return with a controlled movement towards the floor. If you want the effects of this exercise to be more effective, you can do them with leggings. Do 15 repetitions on each leg and then repeat the set 2 more times (in total you should do 45 times this exercise on each leg).
5. Lateral leg raises
Lie on the floor in a lateral position and raise your legs slightly. Bend one leg and straighten the other. Do 10 repetitions on each side and then repeat this set 2 more times (in total you should do 60 times this exercise or 30 on each side).
6. Squat with side kick
Perform a squat and as you come up, do a side kick. Keep your leg as straight as possible when you kick. You can do 15 each side first and then repeat with the other side, or alternate between each leg. Do 30 repetitions and then repeat 2 sets more times (in total you should do 90 times this exercise).
Tips to fight cellulite:
– Eat a healthy and balanced diet to purify estrogen to improve blood circulation and combat fluid retention. Forget about fried foods, pastries, refined sugars, etc….
– You should drink at least one and a half liters of water a day, thus facilitating the expulsion of toxins.
– Do not wear tight clothes and high heels because it hinders blood circulation and increases fluid retention.
– Say goodbye to tobacco and alcohol: Smoking causes alterations in microcirculation, decreases tissue oxygenation and increases free radicals in the skin. Excess alcohol generates an increase in accumulated fat.
– Shower with cold water to facilitate blood flow.
– Avoid spending too much time standing or sitting: It will help you to disguise the ‘orange peel’ and the appearance of varicose veins.
SHARE these effective exercises with your friends – they’ll thank you later!
- The 10-day challenge to lift and tone your buttocks
- 7 glute exercises you can do without leaving your bed
- 30 day butt lifting exercises challenge to round and firm your buttocks
- The 7 most effective exercises to get the shapely legs you’ve always dreamed of