Thanks to their incredible versatility, eggplants can be used to make many delicious dishes.
For example, the filled eggplant boats have such a typically Mediterranean flavor that they are a must for everyone. In fact, they are even tempting for children.
Certainly, this is a dish that will always make a good impression and will even manage to please everyone. Moreover, it is a dish that fits in well with a diet, allowing you to maintain your figure with an extra touch of delicacy that you will never taste.
Without a doubt, this is a dish that you must try to be surprised and, above all, to be amazed, because believe me, once you have tasted it, it will be very difficult to forget this recipe. You can also prepare it whenever you want, because the process is uniquely simple and fast.
Filled, delicious and dietetic eggplant boats
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Resting: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Calories: 240 per serving
100 grams of stale whole wheat bread
10 cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 light mozzarella
1 minced garlic clove
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Just enough dried oregano
Just enough chopped basil leaves
Just enough salt
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise, scoop them out with a teaspoon, salt them lightly, place them in a dripping pan and leave them to rest for 1 hour.
- Soak the stale bread in a bowl of water, then fry the eggplant flesh in a pan for a few minutes and leave to cool in a bowl.
- Now cut the cherry tomatoes into squares, place them in a bowl, squeeze them and add the bread, the mozzarella (after draining it well), the eggplant flesh (crumbled with your hands), the garlic, the basil, the Parmesan, salt, oregano and a drizzle of oil.
- Once this is done, mix everything thoroughly to obtain the stuffing with which to stuff the eggplants.
Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and a little oil.
- Finally, bake in a hot oven, ventilated, at 180°C for 30 minutes, taking care to set the grill for the last 5 minutes.