Banana fat is the fatty tissue that forms under the buttocks, at the upper thigh. Check out the best exercises to get rid of it.
Women are more likely to gain weight and body fat in the thighs, buttocks and hips due to a woman’s hormonal system, which provides a physiological advantage during pregnancy and lactation.
This is one of the reasons why the body holds on to upper thigh fat at all costs. Because of this, the fat generated in banana rolls is especially stubborn and difficult to reduce.
But what are banana roll?
They are those small accumulations of fat that appear just below the buttocks, on the upper part of the thigh. While they are often associated with bulky buttocks, they are not always the result of excess and can develop even in slimmer women.
Banana rolls, the accumulation of fat under the buttocks, spoil the smooth, sculpted look we all love. They are often a challenge to our self-esteem especially when it comes to wearing a tight dress or a bikini.
How to remove banana roll fat?
However, to remove banana roll fat under the buttock, it is necessary to do a type of exercise that tones the back in the thigh. So, you will tone that area of the body and gradually, you will manage to define and soften the skin in this area.
If you want to reduce this localized fat, you don’t need any expensive or heavy equipment. This routine will achieve a great effect and tone your legs.
Let’s look at some specific exercises that we can do at home to lose fat
1. Warm up
Walk, jog or do a ‘walk’ at a fixed point if you don’t have space, it will help warm up your body and stretch your legs so that your muscles don’t cramp with the exercises. Warm up for 5 minutes.
2. Bounce squat
- Start in a squatting position with feet shoulder-width apart and hands crossed in front of the chest.
- Push through the heels to raise the hips and buttocks a couple of inches, and then lower the back to begin. That is a repeat.
- Perform 15 repetitions for 3 sets.
3. Donkey Kicks Circuit
- Begin with your palms on the floor, arms stretched across your shoulders and knees separated at the width of your hips.
- Lift your foot and knee off the ground. Point your foot back, using your buttock to reach your leg as high as possible while your pelvis and hips remain parallel to the floor.
- Bring your leg out on the descent, drawing a semi-circle with your toes.
- When the foot hits the ground, bring the knee in toward the chest, stopping for 1 second and then stretching.
- Complete 15 repetitions on each leg for 3 sets
This movement can be a little more advanced but the strength will go straight to your buttocks and improve your balance while keeping your heart rate high.
- Kneel on the floor. Then get down on your knees, with your right hand up first.
- Leave your left knee to the floor and place the heel of your front leg and raise the other leg. Kneel with one leg first, followed by the other.
- Repeat for 12 reps and switch to the other side for 3 sets.
5. Jumping squats
- Starts standing with feet separated at hip level and descends to a squatting position by bending the knees.
- Keep your spine straight, your chest up, and your knees behind your toes. Your arms are in front of the chest to keep your balance.
- Jump up and swing your arms over your head. Return to the squatting position.
- Repeat for 5 reps for 3 sets.
6. Lateral hip openers
Lying on your knees, open one of your legs at a 90-degree angle. To increase the difficulty of the work you can put on a pair of moderately weighted leggings. Do 15 repetitions on each side and then repeat 2 more times (in total you should do 90 times this exercise).
7. Leg lifts
Sit on floor on side with your legs stretched out on tiptoe like a ballerina. The arm on the side you are lying stretch it up and lay your head on it, with the other arm lean on it. Lift your leg in a controlled manner until you reach a 90 degree angle. Do 15 repetitions on each side and then repeats 2 sets (in total you should do 90 times this exercise).
8. Side-to-side squats with resistance
Position yourself as if you were going to do a squat and step to one side and then back to the other. Start with one leg; stretch it out as far as you can while the other leg should support your full weight. Return to the center and take a side step backwards. Do 20 repetitions and then repeat 2 sets.
9. Lateral Lunges
It is important that you never raise your gluteus, you only have to flex your hips from one side to the other staying down. Do 15 reps on each side and then repeat 2 sets.
Lie down on an exercise mat. Bring your heels close to your buttocks, lift your hips and lower back down without touching the floor. On the way up you should squeeze your glutes as much as you can and on the way down you should do it slowly and consciously. Do 20 repetitions on each side and then repeat 2 sets.
Do this routine for 3 times a week. No equipment is needed, but if desired, it is possible to hold a dumbbell or water bottle for added strength.
For more information, please like us on Facebook and share these banana roll fat exercises with all friends. They will thank you later!
You may want to know:
- 10 workouts to achieve a small waist in no time
- 7 glute exercises you can do without leaving your bed
- 9 exercises to get a bigger buttocks in a week that aren’t squats
- 30 day butt lifting exercises challenge to round and firm your buttocks