Banana fat is the fatty tissue that forms under the buttocks, on the upper thigh. Learn the best exercises to get rid of it.
Women are more likely to gain weight and body fat in the thighs, buttocks and hips due to a woman’s hormonal system, which provides a physiological advantage during pregnancy and lactation.
This is one of the reasons why the body holds on to thigh fat at all costs. This is why the fat produced in the banana rolls is particularly stubborn and difficult to reduce.
But what are banana roll?
They are those small pockets of fat that appear just below the buttocks, on the upper part of the thighs. While they are often associated with bulging buttocks, they are not always the result of excess fat and can develop in slimmer women.
Banana rolls, the accumulation of fat under the buttocks, spoil the smooth, sculpted look we all love. They are often a challenge to our self-esteem, especially when it comes to wearing a tight dress or bikini.
How to remove banana roll fat?
However, to remove banana roll fat under the buttocks, it is necessary to do a type of exercise that tones the back of the thigh. In this way, you will tone this area of the body and gradually you will manage to define and soften the skin in this area.
If you want to reduce this localized fat, you don’t need expensive or heavy equipment. This routine will have a great effect and tone your legs.
Let’s look at some specific exercises we can do at home to lose thigh fat.
1. Warm up
Walking, jogging, or “walking” to a fixed point if you don’t have space will help warm up your body and stretch your legs so your muscles don’t cramp from the exercises. Warm up for 5 minutes.
2. Bounce squat
- Start in a squat position with feet shoulder width apart and hands crossed in front of chest.
- Push through the heels to raise the hips and buttocks a few inches, then lower the back to begin. This is one repeat.
- Perform 15 repetitions for a total of 3 sets.
3. Donkey Kicks Circuit
- Start with your palms on the floor. Place your arms over your shoulders and your knees apart at the width of your hips.
- Lift your foot and knee off the floor. Point your foot back and use your buttock to raise your leg as high as possible while keeping your pelvis and hips parallel to the floor.
- Bring your leg out as you descend, making a semicircle with your toes.
- When the foot touches the ground, bring the knee in toward the chest, hold for 1 second, and then stretch.
- Perform 15 repetitions on each leg for a total of 3 sets.
4. Surrender exercise
This move can be a little more advanced, but the power goes straight to your buttocks and improves your balance while keeping your heart rate high.
- Get on your knees on the floor. Then kneel with your right hand first.
- Keeping your left knee on the floor, place the heel of your front leg on the floor and raise the other leg. Kneel with one leg first, then the other.
- Repeat for 12 repetitions and switch to the opposite side for 3 sets.
5. Jumping squats
- Start by standing with your feet apart at hip level. Bend your knees to lower yourself into a squat position.
- Keep spine straight, chest up and knees behind toes. Keep your arms in front of your chest for balance.
- Jump up and swing arms over head. Return to squat position.
- Repeat for 5 repetitions for a total of 3 sets.
6. Lateral hip openers
Lying on your knees, open one leg at a 90 degree angle. To increase the difficulty of the exercise, wear a pair of moderately weighted leggings. Do 15 repetitions on each side, then repeat 2 more times (for a total of 90 repetitions).
7. Leg lifts
Sit on your side on the floor with your legs stretched out on tiptoe like a ballerina. Raise the arm on the side you are lying on and rest your head on it, with the other arm resting on it. Lift your leg in a controlled manner until you reach a 90-degree angle. Do 15 repetitions on each side, then repeat 2 sets (for a total of 90 repetitions).
Perform this routine 3 times per week. No equipment is needed. However, if desired, a dumbbell or water bottle can be used for added strength.
Keep reading: 30 day butt lifting exercises challenge to round and firm your buttocks