You can easily make homemade laundry detergent at home.
By using a natural detergent, your skin is protected, your health is not damaged and you are less contaminated by the environment. It is very easy to prepare, all you need are some natural products and a little effort to make the perfect detergent for your clothes.
Greener, softer for the skin, and also cheaper, homemade laundry detergent is always a good idea, just a simple one to make, even effective! Liquid or powder, it’s up to you to choose the recipe that suits you best.
Now, you can follow these natural recipes, step by step, that will help you make your own homemade laundry.
Extremely easy recipe for liquid laundry detergent
Ingredients used to prepare 1 liter of detergent
- 50 g soap shavings (coconut, Marseille, glycerin, etc.)
- 1 Liter of water
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1-2 Tbsp of soda crystals
- 10 drops of essential oils optional
1. Boil a liter of water in a pot.
2. Then add the soap shavings
3. Stir over low heat until the chips dissolve well in the water.
4. Allow to cool before adding baking soda, crystals and essential oils.
5. Place the preparation in a glass bottle.
6. Mix regularly until completely cooled
Homemade washing powder recipe
Ingredients for 12 washings
- 100g of soap shavings (coconut, Marseille, glycerin, etc.)
- 50g of soda crystals
- 40g of baking soda
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender.
- Put it into an airtight jar.
- For each washing, put 2 tbsp of this detergent directly into a drum for moderately soiled clothes.
How do you make your home softener?
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 of white vinegar
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil (for 1 wash)
Tip: The white vinegar softens the bedding incredibly. Be careful, it should be avoided with clothes with elastics such as underwear and clothes with elastic, that could be damaged.
Advantages of making your own homemade laundry detergent
- Your clothes look better without chemical products. Your skin appreciates it.
- Residues left in the drain are clean. It is 100% bio-degradable detergent. It respects the environment.
- This detergent is much cheaper and leaves the clothes clean and soft, leaving a smell of essential oils or simply clean.