The creamy lemon cake will give you intense emotions because it is not the classic cake you are used to.
You will notice it at the first bite, because it literally melts in your mouth and you will want to have another slice immediately. It is certainly perfect for breakfast, perhaps with a nice cup of hot milk, or as a snack with a nice fresh juice. Among other things, it does not even contain flour, butter or oil.
The choice of ingredients results in a very low calorie yield, which will make those on a controlled diet very happy. There is no need to worry about the preparation either, it is so simple that you will be able to prepare it quickly and without any problems.
Creamy lemon cake recipe, I make it with yogurt and ricotta!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6-7 slices
Calories: 130 per slice
350 g of plain yogurt
250 g of light ricotta
40 g of corn starch
55 g of powdered sweetener (or alternatively 110 g of normal sugar)
1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
4-5 drops of lemon essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
Just enough icing sugar
- To begin, beat the eggs in a bowl, add the sweetener (or sugar) and beat with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add the cornstarch and continue to beat with the electric mixer, add the ricotta and continue to beat with the hand mixer, then add the yogurt and continue to beat.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, add the grated lemon zest and lemon essence, mix with a hand whisk, then add the baking powder and mix again.
- Once this is done, line a square 18 cm diameter pan (if you prefer, oil or butter it) with special paper and pour in the dough.
- Finally, bake in a pre-heated oven, in static mode, at 170° C for 45 minutes (always check the cake during cooking; if the surface starts to brown too much, reduce the temperature to 150°-160° C).
- When the cake has cooled down, remove it from the pan and sprinkle it with icing sugar.
To prepare the creamy lemon cake, watch the video recipe
To preserve the cake, place it in the refrigerator and take it out 10-15 minutes before eating. It will keep its fragrance and softness for 3 days.
Keep reading: I eat this dessert with yogurt and berry and lose weight: Amazing! Only 60 calories!