Do you really have a sweet tooth? However, rightly so, you don’t want to overdo it either? Great, then cotton sponge cake is the right cake for your needs. In fact, in addition to being extremely good, it is also particularly light and, as a result, indulging in a break from the norm will not be a problem when you are on a diet.
Plus, it is really delicious, so it would be a real shame to miss it, especially since not even a thousand other similar recipes you will be able to find one softer and fluffier than this one. It only takes one bite and melts in your mouth, winning everyone over. In addition, it is the perfect dessert to be enjoyed on any occasion to improve one’s day, as it will manage to put you in a good mood and chase away the daily labors.
Certainly, finding a cake that the whole family can enjoy is not easy but neither is it impossible, as luckily there is this excellent cotton sponge cake that will literally go down a storm. And, since you will hardly have time to bake it that it will already be finished, it is good to know that the preparation is very simple and fast.
Cotton sponge cake recipe, you make it on the fly and it’s super creamy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Calories: 120 per slice
2 125 g cups of Greek yogurt
100 gr of light cream cheese
50 gr of cornstarch
35 gr stevia sweetener + 2 teaspoons (or alternatively 70 gr regular sugar)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 pinch of salt
Just enough powdered sugar
- First, separate the yolks from the egg whites, add the pinch of salt and the lemon juice, then place them back in the refrigerator.
- Now beat the yolks with electric whips and, without stopping working, add 35 g stevia sweetener (or 70 g sugar) and vanilla essence, so that the mixture is nice and smooth and creamy.
- Now add the grated lemon zest and yogurt, mix with the whips, incorporate the cream cheese and mix until there are no more lumps.
- Add the cornstarch, stir with a hand whisk to reabsorb it, and set aside momentarily.
- Take the egg whites again, whip them until stiff with an electric whisk for 2 minutes, as soon as they start to become frothy incorporate 2 teaspoons of stevia sweetener (or 2 tablespoons of sugar), after which insert them with a spatula to the yolk mixture and mix from the bottom up.
- Once this is done, line a large rectangular mold 20×20 centimeters with appropriate paper and pour your dough into it.
- Finally put to bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180°C, when finished dust the cake with powdered sugar.