For the perfect breakfast, to say the least, to make waking up that much sweeter, all you have to do is try the coconut and dark chocolate cookies (or biscuits).
They are so good that just one taste is enough to fall in love with them, making the start of the day truly special and leaving you with a smile that will accompany you until lunchtime. They look a little like rice cakes, but they’re even better.
Surely, once tried, the little ones of the house will no longer look for the classic packaged products in the pantry. What’s more, the recipe is not complicated or too long and is suitable for everyone. In fact, you only need 2 ingredients to make these cookies. Let’s see how to make them!
You only need 2 ingredients for this recipe for coconut and dark chocolate cookies!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes (to melt the chocolate)
Standing time: 30 minutes
Total time: Approximately 45 minutes
Makes 8 servings: 8 cookies
Calories: 135 per cookie
100g desiccated coconut without sugar
100g minimum 70% dark chocolate
- To begin, place the desiccated coconut in a non-stick pan, stir with a wooden spoon, toast over a low heat, turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler (moisten it with a few drops of water for a perfect result) and when it is smooth, add it to the coconut.
- Now mix well with a spatula so that the two ingredients are incorporated, creating a sandy and soft mixture.
- Once this is done, place a round pan on a baking sheet lined with special paper, fill it with two spoonfuls of dough and press down well with the back of a spoon (continue until you have finished the mixture, placing the biscuits at a certain distance from the top).
- Leave the biscuits uncovered at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. When they are set, they are ready to be served.
Use dehydrated coconut without sugar, roasting in a pan will take care of the sweetness, which is not mandatory but recommended. On the other hand, if you don’t like coconut, there are very valid alternatives such as almonds or chopped peanuts.
For the preparation of coconut and chocolate cookies, you can watch the video recipe!
Keep reading: I don’t use flour, I make these cookies with oatmeal and apples: they’re gobbled down!