Everyone will go crazy for the cocoa cake with ricotta cream, thinking it is even better than apple. Trust me, you won’t regret it and you will delight young and old alike, who will surely ask for a second slice.
It is perfect dessert to end the meal and perhaps surprise your guests, because very few have had the luck to taste such a delicious jewel. Success, of course, is not only guaranteed, but also deserved. In addition, you will make those who are on a diet extremely happy, because the cake does not contain a large number of calories.
Preparing it is not difficult at all, because the procedure can be followed very easily and in a very short time, does it seem unbelievable and perhaps almost impossible to you? Then all you have to do is try it to find out!
Cocoa cake with ricotta cream: I would eat it every day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
Calories: 170 per slice
180 g flour
75g powdered sweetener (or alternatively 150g plain sugar)
20 g cocoa powder
8 g baking powder
8 g vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
This is what you will need to make the cream
250 g light ricotta
5 g vanilla sugar
2 teaspoons liquid sweetener (or 2 tablespoons regular sugar)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Start by breaking the eggs into a bowl, adding the pinch of salt and the stevia sweetener (or sugar), then whisking well with a hand whisk.
- Once you have a clear, frothy mixture, add the oil and milk and mix, then add the flour mixed with the cocoa, vanilla sugar and baking powder and mix, taking care not to form lumps.
- Now line a 22×22 cm square pan with special paper, pour in the dough, level it and put it aside for a moment.
To make cream
- Place the flour in a small bowl, add the egg, stevia (or sugar), cornstarch, and vanilla sugar.
- Beat with an immersion blender to obtain a smooth and homogeneous cream, which must be transferred to a pastry bag.
- Once this is done, fill the surface of your cake with the cream, distributing it in a checkerboard pattern (like a tart, to be clear).
- Finally, put it in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes, at the end wait a moment for the cake to cool down and serve.