Chicken Breast with Salsa is a spicy sirtfood lunch that lets you masterfully combine South American culture with European eating habits. Included are plenty of sirtfoods, such as kale, parsley, olive oil, red onion, buckwheat, capers, and the obligatory Bird Eye Chili, which provides a raging spiciness.
Be a little careful with the chili especially if you are not used to spicy food. The Bird Eye definitely has its revolutions and should be used with some caution for people who are sensitive to “hot”. If you don’t like or tolerate spicy at all leave it out altogether or reduce the amount.
However, the Bird Eye Chili is a real fat burner and is quite one of the most effective levers in the context of the sirtuine diet.
Chicken breast with kale and red onions with chili salsa recipe
To make chicken breast:
- 150 grams chicken breast (fillet piece)
- 50 grams buckwheat
- 50 grams of kale
- 20 grams of red onions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, organic quality
- 2 tsp. freshly grated turmeric or turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Juice of half a lemon
To make salsa:
- 150 grams of tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped Bird Eye Chili (sensitive people should use much less)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped capers
- 5 grams of finely chopped parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- Put tomatoes, chili, capers, parsley and 1/2 lemon in a blender and blend and your salsa is ready.
- Alternatively, you can manually chop everything very small and mix with the lemon juice. Which one you choose is up to you.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Prepare marinade from turmeric, lemon juice and a little olive oil and coat the chicken with it.
- Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Brown the chicken breast in an oven-proof pan until golden brown. Then place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Keep the meat warm until ready to serve.
- Now steam the kale for about 5 minutes.
- Now sauté the ginger with the red onions until they are soft.
- Then add the kale and sauté it for a minute as well.
- Now cook the buckwheat with the turmeric.
- Now serve the chicken with the vegetables and salsa.
- Bon appetite!