Savoy cabbage lasagna can be a very mouthwatering first dish indeed, and in fact, you won’t have time to put it on the table that it will disappear in a flash. Why, it is so good that it can delight all palates, even the most difficult ones.
The recipe we present here is 100% vegetarian, but there is nothing to stop you from making it tastier by adding cooked ham, raw ham or any other lean sliced meat, but also smoked scamorza cheese, a light mozzarella, provolone cheese. But let’s see the recipe now!
Savoy cabbage lasagna recipe, a super light and tasty first pact
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Portions: for 5 people
Calories: 230 per serving
500 ml milk
800 gr of savoy cabbage (to mean one savoy cabbage)
100 gr Parmesan cheese
50 gr flour
30 gr olive oil
1 red onion (optional)
nutmeg to taste
pepper and salt to taste
- First, clean your savoy cabbage, then take the largest outer leaves (about 12) and wash them thoroughly.
- Now boil 3 liters of duly salted water, then blanch the large cabbage leaves for 15 minutes after which using a slotted spoon drain it.
- At this point take care of the leftover cabbage. Quinti after removing the stem see to it that it is washed well and roughly chopped along with an onion.
- Next, put a drizzle of oil and salt in a pot, inside of which you will have to pour the chopped onion and savoy cabbage, then cook everything for 20 minutes.
- When the consistency of your vegetables is soft add the flour, then mix it all together and incorporate the milk, continuing to mix for 5 minutes until a béchamel-like cream forms, then add salt and pepper.
- Once this is done, oil a large rectangular baking dish 25×29 centimeters, then begin to pack your lasagna by first placing 4 leaves of cabbage blanched initially, the béchamel sauce with the cabbage and chopped onion, and the Parmesan cheese (add mozzarella, scamorza or cooked ham if desired).
- Cover the ingredients with 4 more cabbage leaves, béchamel sauce and Parmesan cheese and close by laying the last 4 cabbage leaves, béchamel sauce and Parmesan cheese on top again, then drizzle with a drizzle of oil.
- Finally put to bake inside the oven in fan mode for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180°C.
- Once your lasagna is nicely gratinated on the surface, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a moment before serving.
Note and tips
This cabbage lasagna dish can be served as a first course, second course, appetizer or even as a small side dish. It is suitable for all occasions and is really very simple and tasty to prepare. It is a good way to eat savoy cabbage for those who do not like it so much in a tasty and light way.