Learn how breathing can help you fight insomnia, pain, stress, and bad digestion.
Breathe well and you will live better
Oxygen is essential to stay alive and being so decisive, it is not given the importance of breathing that we give to other vital functions such as eating or sleeping. However, our health, our mood, even our weight and our sexuality depend on breathing well.
The power of breath.
It takes care of the cardiovascular system and reduces tension, facilitates digestion, promotes greater concentration and improves memory, fights insomnia, helps lose weight, relaxes and fights stress, calms pain and makes it more bearable, improves sexual relations and has an anti-aging effect.
How to prepare for breathing exercises
Keeping in mind these benefits, below we give you breathing exercises that improve your health and well-being. But before you get started, you need take the following considerations seriously.
1. Empty stomach. To practice these techniques, it must have been at least two hours after the last meal.
2. Relaxed location. Lower the light, turn on some relaxing music… Close your eyes and stay focused.
3. Fresh air. The better you can do it outside. If not, make sure it is a well ventilated space. The temperature should be pleasant anyway, since you will be out for a while without moving.
4. Keep your attention. Visualize the entire path of your breath. See how your chest and abdomen rise and fall, the sound of the air entering and leaving your body.
Breathing exercises benefits
To sleep well, Dr. Andrew Weil recommends technique 4-7-8.
- Sitting on the ground and with your knees on your chest, take deep breaths. Then, exhale and embrace your knees by joining them as much as possible to your chest. Hold the position while taking about 5-10 slow breaths. Repeat 3 times.
A secret to fighting stress is breathing more slowly.
- To do this breathing control, breathe in through your nose for 3 seconds, using the diaphragm. Exhale through your nose for another 3 seconds. Pause and repeat the exercise several times.
For weight loss
This exercise can help you lose weight.
- Stand up, and put one foot in front of the other. Make strength with your thighs and let all your weight fall on the back foot. Breathe in slowly for 3 seconds and carry your arms above your head. Exhale in 7 seconds while you tense your muscles and lower your arms.
For lower back pain
If you want to relieve lower back pain, try this one.
- Lie on your back and bend your legs, with a pillow under your head. Put your hands on your tummy to feel it rise: take air through your nose, puffing your belly, and release it through your nose slowly. Do it 15 times.
For back pain
Repeat this breathing exercise many times and you will relieve your back pain.
- Sit with your back straight, place your hands on each side of your ribs; breathe out all the air. Next, breathe deeply, making the ribs expand, hold the air for a few seconds and pull it out to return it to its position.
Other remedies and tips for fighting colds include using your breath.
- Sit down, take a breath through your nose and slowly pull it out through your half-open mouth, just like fogging a glass. Do 40 repetitions, then take a deep breath in and blow out quickly through your mouth. When you finish, try to cough.
Help you to recover after a workout
Also, breathing well during and after taring is very important. This is a breathing exercise for after workout.
- At first, exhale through your nose. Second, pinch your nose to hold your breath for 2-5 seconds, and when you are done, breathe normally through your nose for 10 seconds. You must practice this from 3 to 5 minutes to recover.
If you want to get active, do this one.
- It is about inhaling and quickly breathing out through the nose. Each process should take about one second. Do it for 15 seconds then breathe normally. Alternate quick, normal breaths for up to 1 minute.
Share these useful breathing exercises with all your friends and family!
- 8 Effective exercises to get rid of flabby arms fat in 2 weeks
- Drink raisin water daily on empty stomach to get these benefits
- 6 Home exercise routine that can make your core look awesome in just 4 weeks
- Put a lemon next to your bed every night, according to science