Lunch, or dinner, in addition to having to be nutritious and hearty must also manage to provide that extra touch of deliciousness that, if nothing else, will delight one’s palate. Baked cauliflower is definitely one of those recipes that will help you in this. In that, everyone will love it and you will be able to convince even the children to try it.
In fact, you will win them over immediately and avoid the usual tantrums, easily solving the problem of getting them to consume this vegetable. Undoubtedly, once you try it, you will not easily forget it and you will wonder why you did not discover this little recipe sooner, which by the way is even better than meat.
Then, if you have organized a very important dinner and do not want to disfigure yourself, then, bring this fantastic dish to the table and you will surprise your guests, who will be delighted.
Furthermore, so light is it that you will be able to please even those who have decided to get in shape. In that, its lightness is 100% compatible with a low-calorie diet. But also the preparation, fortunately, does not present any kind of difficulty and can be performed even by those who are not strong in the kitchen.
Baked cauliflower recipe, made this way it tastes better than meat
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: about 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
Calories: 150 per slice
1.5 liters of water
1.5 kg cauliflower
100 gr sliced mushrooms
60 g flour
20 ml vegetable oil
20 ml milk
8 gr salt
4 green peppers cut into rounds (optional)
2 red peppers cut into small pieces
2 diced tomatoes
1 onion cut into small pieces
1 diced carrot
Ingredients needed for dressing
150 g grated scamorza cheese
25 ml olive oil
8 g of salt
1 teaspoon of mint
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
a sprinkling of black pepper
- First clean the cauliflower to make florets, place them in a pot, turn on the heat, add the water, salt and milk, cover with a lid and let it boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Now stir the cauliflower with a spoon, cover with the lid and continue cooking until softened, after which transfer it to a bowl.
- Now insert the eggs, chop with an immersion blender to a puree, add the flour and mix properly with a spatula.
- Having done this pour the oil into a nonstick skillet, turn on the stove, add the onion, brown it, add the carrot and mushrooms and let them cook for 7-8 minutes while stirring.
- At this point, incorporate the tomatoes, continue cooking for another 5 minutes, always stirring with a spatula, after which add the peppers, season with salt, mint, chili and pepper, give it another stir and turn off.
- Oil a rectangular glass baking dish, spread the cauliflower puree on the bottom, garnish with the vegetables, distributing them evenly over the surface, and the cheese.
- Finally bake inside the preheated oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180°C.
For the baked cauliflower procedure, you can watch this video recipe!
However, as you have seen, all it takes is a little inventiveness to make a tasty and healthy dish. Even the children will like it.