The recipe for the old Austrian cake is a real and unmissable gem, so much so that when it’s finished (and trust me, it will be finished very quickly) you’ll be asked to make it again practically immediately.
This, of course, is due to the fact that it is an extremely soft and good dessert that will drive everyone crazy. It is very easy to make, all you need is some milk and cornstarch, two ingredients that are easy to find and that you probably already have in your pantry because they are often used, a sweetener (or sugar) and grated coconut.
This cake is made with 4 ingredients: no butter, no oil, no milk, and no eggs. And you don’t even have to turn on the oven, because it is prepared in a few minutes in a saucepan and then left to cool in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Also: I don’t buy cream cheese anymore! With this recipe I prepare it at home: it’s even better done this way!
It’s a cold dessert that’s perfect in this hot and humid season, it melts in your mouth. Kids love it. But let’s take a look at how to make this old-fashioned Austrian cake!
Old Austrian cake recipe, a cold coconut cake that melts in your mouth
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Rest in fridge: 1 hour
Overall Time: About 1 hour and 20 minutes
Calories: 100 per slice
- 600 ml milk
- 60g cornstarch
- 25g stevia sweetener (or alternatively 50g regular sugar)
- Just enough grated coconut
- Start by pouring the milk into a saucepan. Add the stevia sweetener (or sugar) and the cornstarch and whisk to combine.
- Turn on the heat and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Grease a 16 cm round glass mold, pour in the mixture and cover with transparent foil.
- Leave to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then turn the cake upside down on a plate, sprinkle with coconut and serve in slices.
Keep reading: Orange tart, it has never been easier and faster: it is the best that I have ever tasted | Only 150 kcal!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.