Fruit-based desserts are an excellent, not to say clever, way to get the little ones of the house to consume this healthy and genuine food. The apple and yogurt cake is a dessert in which the fruit is much more than the dough, while the Greek yogurt is an added value that certainly helps to enrich everything.
In fact, this extremely protein-rich ingredient adapts very well to the athlete’s diet. Not only does it improve performance, but it also helps to increase muscle mass. It also has a much lower sugar concentration than traditional yogurt, so it can be consumed by those suffering from diabetes or cholesterol. On the other hand, the apple is rich in fiber, which has a beneficial effect on the intestines, reducing the problems caused by constipation.
But let’s see how to prepare cake batter!
Apple and yogurt cake recipe, so creamy and good never tasted!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
Calories: 140 per slice
700 gr of Greek yogurt
70 gr wheat flour (also good for all purpose)
50 gr stevia sweetener (or alternatively 100 gr sugar)
25 gr cornstarch
10 gr of cinnamon powder
10 ml vanilla extract
- First pour the yogurt into a bowl, sift and add the flour, mix with a spatula to obtain a mixture with a nice smooth and creamy consistency.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, add the stevia sweetener (or sugar) and vanilla extract to the egg yolks, and mix well with a hand whisk.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the yolks and gently fold in with a spatula, making sure to work from bottom to top.
- Then peel the apples, remove the cores, cut into slices, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with cinnamon.
- Once this is done, line an 18 cm hinged pan with special paper, grease it with softened butter or coconut oil, pour in half of the dough, make a layer of apples, cover with the rest of the mixture and close with the remaining apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour, then let the cake cool completely, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.