How many times have you said to yourself, “I’m going to go to the gym on Monday / start cycling / running in the morning!” And didn’t keep that promise? Our body needs exercise to stay healthy. But finding time for fitness or aerobics is difficult: work and household chores take a lot of energy. It’s great that trainers have come up with a set of simple stretches exercises that you can do at home to keep your muscles in good shape.
We know that the price for all the sweets we have eaten and for sitting down is extra weight. This is why we suggest getting up and making your body work properly. Therefore, we suggest that you get up from your chair, stretch properly and disperse the blood.
1. Neck stretching
Gentle stretch for the neck. This exercise will restore flexibility to the muscles and get rid of the fat roll in the area of the 7th lumbar vertebra.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees.
- Roll up the towel and place it on the back of your head.
- Pull the towel up and try to stretch your neck. Keep your elbows out so you can breathe freely.
- Take 3 deep breaths and repeat 3-4 times.
2. Shoulders stretching
Tension in the shoulder girdle causes blurred vision or a persistent headache.
- Lean your shoulder against a wall.
- Bend your arm at the elbow and raise it so that the upper arm bone is parallel to the floor and the fingers are pointing down.
- Turn your body away from the wall to avoid pain.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then switch to the opposite side.
3. Stretch the arm
Twisting, which improves blood circulation and lymph drainage. The exercise is useful for people with emerging skin laxity.
- Rest your shoulder on a vertical pole. You can use a door frame.
- Grasp the bar with your hand on the opposite side.
- Rotate your body so that you feel the stretch in the muscles at the back of your arm.
- Make sure your arm is horizontal and your wrist is in line with your shoulders.
- Hold for 30 seconds on each side.
4. Stretching the spine
An exercise that works the thoracic spine. Tight muscles in this area interfere with free breathing and can cause shortness of breath. To perform, you will need a special yoga block or a thick towel.
- Lie on your stomach, then lift your shoulders and cross your arms under your chest.
- Place your forehead on the towel.
- Stretch your fingers out to the sides, but do not tense your muscles.
- Close your eyes and take 8 deep breaths. The exercise can be repeated after a short rest.
5. Abdominal stretching
Stretch the internal and transverse abdominal muscles. This exercise prevents the appearance of fat around the waist.
- Squat down and move one leg to the side.
- Lean on your hand and stretch with the other hand in the direction of your legs.
- Watch your breath and hold this position for 30-40 seconds.
6. Stretch your lower back and quadriceps muscles
This exercise is necessary for anyone who drives a car or spends all day at an office desk.
- Lunge with one leg so that your knee is under your chest.
- Bend your other leg and place your foot against the wall. If done correctly, you will feel a stretch in the front of your thigh.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
7. Glutes and thigh stretch exercises
Gentle stretching of the gluteal muscles and thighs.
- Pull your knees toward your face and cross your ankles.
- Keep your back rounded and stretch your nose toward your legs, avoiding overexertion.
8. Legs and Feet
Static exercise on the front of the thigh, lower leg and foot. This stretch helps reduce swelling and relieves pain from walking in heels.
- Lie on the floor, leaning on your elbows.
- Your feet should be under your buttocks.
- Make sure your back does not sag, and stretch your chest upward.
- Maintain this position for 30-40 seconds.
9. Wall stretching
Tone the back of the thigh, which is most prone to cellulite.
- Place your palms against the wall.
- The distance between your feet and the wall should be 50-70 cm.
- Place your toe against the wall and bend your knee. The other leg is completely on the floor (do not lift the heel).
- Do the same exercise with the other leg and hold this position for 30 seconds.