Going to the gym twice a week? That’s not always achievable in everyday life. But with these 7 exercises you’ll be fit in just four weeks!
You don’t have much time, but would like to have a tighter body and defined muscles? No problem! We’ve got 7 simple exercises for you that will take just ten minutes of your time every day and help you get fitter in just four weeks. All you need is your own body weight.
First of all, let’s show you the 7 exercises and explain how to do them correctly:
[mashshare shares=”false” buttons=”true” align=”left|right”]
The plank works various muscle groups in the body (especially the arms and abdomen) and you can accomplish a lot with it in a short amount of time. Here’s how it works:
- Lie flat on your stomach.
- Then use your forearms and the tops of your feet to push yourself up off the floor.
- Make sure your body forms a straight line and you don’t slip into a hollow back.
- Hold the position as long as you can and then lower back down.
Push-ups are also a real classic when it comes to a quick and effective workout for the arms and torso. Here’s how to do them correctly:
- Start in the same position as you did for the plank – supporting yourself off the ground with your forearms and the tops of your feet. Again, make sure your back stays straight.
- Now extend your arms, keeping your hands slightly more than shoulder width apart.
- Inhale deeply and bend your arms so that your upper body comes straight down. Keep your elbows tucked in and do not move away from your body.
- Exhale and use the strength of your arms to push yourself back up.
- Repeat as many times as you can.
Beginners can also perform the slightly easier version of the push-up by pressing the knees against the floor instead of the tops of the feet. The lower legs and feet point into the air.
Squats are as simple as they are effective for doing something for your butt and thighs. Here’s how they are performed:
- Stand hip-width apart with your toes pointed straight ahead.
- Extend your arms forward and slowly bend your knees.
- Make sure your back stays straight and your knees themselves are parallel to your toes.
- Go down as low as you can, ideally your thighs should be parallel to the floor as if you were about to sit down on a chair.
- Hold the position for a moment and then come back up, pushing yourself off the ground forcefully with your feet.
- Repeat the exercise.
4. Donkey Kick
Donkey kick also great for the buttocks and legs. Here’s how to do it correctly:
- Get into the quadruped position. Your hands should be straight under your shoulders.
- Now lift one leg bent backwards and move the foot towards the ceiling as if you wanted to step out upwards. Make sure that your hips and back form a straight line.
- Lower the leg back down without it touching the floor completely.
- Then step out once more with the leg bent upward.
- Repeat this exercise several times on both sides.
5. Dead Bug
Time for another exercise for the belly! Here’s how the Dead Beetle works:
- Lie on your back and keep both legs bent at a 90-degree angle in the air. The tops of your feet point toward the ceiling.
- Now extend your right arm over your head and your right leg forward so that both form a straight line. The arm and leg should not touch the floor.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise with the left arm and leg.
- You should do this exercise several times per side.
6. Downward Dog With Lift
The dog looking down is a classic yoga exercise, but slightly modified it can do a lot for the muscles in your arms and legs. Here’s how to perform the exercise correctly:
- First, get into the actual looking down dog: your arms are in front of your body and extended, while supporting yourself with your hands on the floor.
- The legs are also straight, that is, the whole weight of the body rests on the feet and hands, and your body forms an inverted V, so to speak.
- Now extend one leg back and up so that it forms a straight line with your back and hands.
- Then slide forward into the plank position and slowly pull the extended leg forward toward your chest at a 90-degree angle. If possible, bend your back so that the tip of your chin can touch your knee.
- Release the position by moving the leg back and lowering it until you are standing in
- Downward Looking Dog again. Repeat the exercise with the other side.
Finally, an exercise for the thighs and arms! You will need a small ball to perform ball rotation. This is how the exercise works:
- Stand in front of a wall with your legs hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly and press your back against the wall for better support. Hold the medicine ball in front of you with your arms outstretched.
- Tighten your abdominal and swing your outstretched arms with the ball from left to right as far as you can – ideally you can almost touch the wall on the left and right with your hands.
- Keep your back straight against the wall. Swing left and right several times.
Your workout plan for four weeks
Now that you know these exercises, you can really challenge your body in just four weeks with an appropriate plan. For beginners, however, this may be a bit too hard – they should try to do each exercise of this workout for half as long at the beginning and then gradually increase. Intermediates and experts, on the other hand, should stick to this ten-minute power plan:
Complete all exercises of the first week in the following length:
2 minute plank
1 minute push ups
1 minute donkey kicks
1 minute dead bug
1 minute squats
1 minute Ball-Twist
2 minutes Downward Dog with lift
Take a 10-second break between each exercise.
In the second week you do the exercises in two different sets, which you alternate between daily:
You do each exercise for three minutes, with a 15-second break in between:
Downward Dog with lift
With this set, too, you do each exercise for three minutes and take a 15-second break in between:
In week three you repeat the plan from week one and in week four the two sets from week two. With this workout plan you will train your entire body in a very short time. Admittedly, it’s not easy, but you’ll start seeing results in just a few weeks.
Keep reading: This 30-Day Abs Challenge Will Strengthen Your Entire Core In 4 Weeks
Share this Challenge with all your friends.They’ll thank you later when they get a fit.
[mashshare shares=”false” buttons=”true” align=”left|right”]