Do you have fat around your sides? Try this workout challenge to get rid of your muffin top and improve your back fat and waist.
Muffin top is the extra fat that appears in the middle and sides of your stomach. Believe it or not, both skinny and fat girls have it. And with this simple workout routine, you can get rid of it forever. All you have to do is be consistent and eat healthy.
Here are five great, equipment-free muffin top exercises you can do at home every week to get rid of it in no time.
7 Day Muffin Top Workout Challenge
Complete the circuit, rest for 3 minutes, and repeat 2 to 3 times. Do this 2 to 3 times a week and you will see results in a month.
1. Reverse crunches
Excellent exercise for hips, back and muffin top. Reverse crunches tone the abdominal muscles, putting less strain on the back and neck than other exercises designed to work this area.
- Lie on floor with legs straight. Spread your arms out to your sides and bend your elbows with your fingers under your head.
- Bend your knees and lift your feet. Your thighs should be perpendicular to the floor and your lower legs should be parallel to the floor.
- Bring your knees close to your face and point your feet toward the sky. Hips should be on the floor.
- Tense your abdomen and lift your legs. You should feel a slight pressure on your abdomen as you place them on your torso.
- Lower your legs to the starting position. Lower slowly as you release the air.
2. Russian twists
Russian Spins is a very effective way to strengthen your abdomen and back. It also allows to improve the muscular coordination and resistance of the arms. It also works internal and external obliques, abdominal and lower back muscle groups and hip flexors.
- Lie on your knees with your legs bent.
- Lift your upper body to form a V-shape with your thighs.
- Turn your torso to the right, then reverse the movement by turning to the left.
- Repeat this motion until this set is complete.
3. Side jackknife
This exercise will burn fat off your muffin top and love handles.
- Place your left hand at your side and your left arm behind your head (your elbow should be pointing toward the ceiling).
- Focus on the obliques and lift your feet. At the same time, use your left elbow to pull your torso forward.
- Hold this position for one second and slowly return to the starting position, keeping your feet and shoulders off the floor.
4. Side plank
- With one hand on the mat and the other hand on your body, stand up until you have one arm and feet on the floor.
- Your arm should be on the floor and your feet should be together. On the other hand, keep your legs straight and try not to drop your weight.
- Since this is an isometric exercise, the effort is made while maintaining the position. Try to maintain this position as long as possible.
5. Bicycle crunches
The bicycle crunch is the most effective abdominal exercise for the muffin top.
- With your lower back on the floor, bend your knees. Keep your feet on the floor and your hands behind your head.
- Gently place your hands on your head, pull your shoulder blades back and slowly raise your knees to a 90 degree angle, lifting your feet off the floor.
- Make a movement similar to pedaling a bicycle by lifting one knee toward one arm while straightening the other leg.
Incorporate these exercises into your routine and end the chubby that comes out of your jeans with this routine, but also “get on the waist” to improve your health. Just remember to combine it with cardiovascular exercise, a healthy diet, good hydration and rest.